PDA

View Full Version : self help cds

milicent
04-04-12, 07:02
Has anyone found and tried a Cd for health anxiety? found lots for childbith stop smoking and dieting but nothing for us.

Em84
04-04-12, 07:19
I've never looked for one, I'm not sure...maybe a stress CD would help....are these available?

To be honest after the kids have gone to bed my therapy is Eastenders & Corrie lol

robocop192
04-04-12, 13:51
My cbt therapist told me to stop listening to the Paul Mckenna I can stop your stress cd as I noticed myself slowly getting more depressed. If you are prone to depression which i am (along with HA) then its better to avoid! Feel free to drop me a message anytime!

milicent
04-04-12, 15:00
Did he/she recommend anyone to you?
I have tried one tape for complete relaxation but the drawback(for me) was you got into relaxation were taken to a tranquil setting then "woken up" the next track went straight into getting relaxed again in another setting. This went on for 3 different places each time at the end being told" you can come back to this place when ever you want".
Well I wanted to stay in one place for the duration of Cd not have a few mins then start all over again.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Forgot to ask what does cbt mean?

robocop192
04-04-12, 15:07
Hiya!
She didnt mention any but I will ask on my next appt. I do my own vids if you look on the sticky forum up top nmp have put a link to some self help vids I do. If I find any good ones also I will let you know!

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

cognitive behavioural therapy :)

angel wings
04-04-12, 16:23
oh ive got that paul mckenna one too didnt think it was doing me much good :unsure:

robocop192
04-04-12, 16:25
Yes I found it sunk me into depression! Steer clear! I would say my videos are better and I suffer HA! Plus they are free!

milicent
04-04-12, 18:29
Thanks for replying and info

eeyorelover
04-04-12, 18:38
I agree! Robocop192's videos are informative.
I have watched them all and found myself taking notes!
THANKS David ;)