PDA

View Full Version : what is wrong with me :(

br19893
04-04-12, 16:59
I dont know whether this is anxiety related or not and I have no idea how long this has been going on for but I am ALWAYS exhausted. Exhausted to the point when I just want to curl in a ball on the floor. It affects my concentration and my social life. I have anxiety and I used to find it very hard to go to sleep, however now I drift off fairly easy but getting up is still impossible. Could I be waking up in the night without knowing? I know that I do once a night most nights but maybe I do it more without remembering?
Could this have such an affect on me though? As I write this I'm in bed, I planned on staying in and doing some assignments but I was getting irritable with how tired I felt and how much I couldnt remember thee simpleist of words.
What's wrong with me??! Am I just lazy, is it the anxiety and sleep or could it be something else?
Does anyone else find that anxiety makes them physically exhausted to the point they can't even string out a sentence anymore?
Thanks in advance guys :)

mollymalloy
04-04-12, 18:21
Hi Bri, Anxiety can surely make you feel tired and rundown. I don't suffer with exhaustion anymore but did experience extreme fatigue when I was at my lowest point. My body felt very heavy and weak, all I wanted to do was stay in bed. I also lost my appetite and lost over 20 lb in 6 weeks.
Just a few questions for you to examine, are you eating enough and getting the necessary vitamins and minerals, are you moving enough.

Pipkin
04-04-12, 20:22
Hi Br,

I get just the same when I'm going through one of my bad spells of anxiety. I just want to sleep all the time and would happily stay in bed all day given the chance.

I find that I have to put so much effort into functioning normally when I'm at work or out with friends that I'm exhausted the rest of the time - its almost like I've used up what little energy I've got. I also find that I just want to sleep so that I don't have to suffer my anxieties. I think this is quite common, especially with depression.

What I find though is the less I do, the worse it gets. When I'm feeling really bad, I force myself out for a walk or a run. Although it's incredibly hard to find the energy and motivation, I feel better for it in the long run.

Also, to be sure it's anxiety that's causing this, you need to get checked out by your GP which you've probably already done.

Take care

Pip xx

Stormsky
04-04-12, 20:24
Anxiety does drain you.... and if you dont get continious sleep then the sleep you are getting is probably not good quality.... as in if you are waking up, even once a night and breaking the sleep cycle that you need to refresh you.

br19893
06-04-12, 11:11
Sorry for the late reply. It's reassuring to know that anxiety can cause this as iv been panicking that I have some sort of health problem! I definatley eat enough! Haha but my diet isnt the best, I do cook fresh meals every day and eat veg but I also snack A LOT and eat a lot of fatty foods.
I haven't brought this up with my doctor, do you think I should? I will be seeing a new counsellor next week do you think I should mention it to her?
Also pipkin that's really good advice, I only go to college three days a week and my anxiety is too bad atm to get a part time job. My plan is to eat healthier, drink more water and start doing some exercise. I hate gyms and have no running gear so iv just bought a yoga mat and a skipping rope off eBay (99p each!) And I plan to do sit ups to tone my belly and skipping to get my blood pumping etc.
Do you think this will help with my anxiety? I am a firm believer that mental and physical health go hand in hand, but I guess a bit part of why exercise helps with anxiety is the social side of it, and the getting out of the house. Whereas il be in my house on my own. Do you think I will still benefit?
Hope everyone's well :) Xx

Stormsky
06-04-12, 11:17
Exercise releases endorphins, which give you the feel good sensations... so doing it home alone is fine, you dont need a gym. or other people around.
Hence the runners high term...
Exercise is known to help depression/anx.