PDA

View Full Version : new here and would like to introduce myself

suzeelew
04-04-12, 20:07
hi there, my name is suzee and just joined now...been thru what can only be described as a living hell and still its going on...think things have just literally caught up with me and im usually the one everyone turns too and off loads to.. usually im fighting everyones corner and now im in total meltdown...started getting mild panic attacks couple months back and have always had underlying anxiety but now i cant even watch tv or read a magazine with out something triggering an anxiety attack..im a single mum to a teenage boy who has adhd and is 13 and im burnt out trying to cope with him..had counselling and starting cbt soon..also trying hypnotherapy and been on trazadone along with propranolol and diazapam when things get really bad...been on the trazadone for 5 weeks or so but just had it changed to 10mg citalopram...third day now on them and feel like im going nuts but from all accounts best to stick with them as they will start to work!! id like to hear from anyone in similar circumstances? thank you x

diane07
04-04-12, 20:10
Hi suzeelew

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

suzeelew
04-04-12, 20:12
thank you and i hope so as im feeling at the end of my tether and just want to feel 'normal' again

MrRedShirt
04-04-12, 20:14
Hi Suzeelew :)

I'm new here too (joined on Monday) and I'm also on day 3 of some new medication, and I'm also finding it tough going.

Everyone here is very friendly from what I've seen so far :)

onenoneblonde
04-04-12, 20:19
I'm new too!! I know it's perverse but I'm glad other people know what I'm going through at the min, it's a relief to know that I have got a certifiable prob and not just losing my marbles!!! LOL :wacko:

suzeelew
04-04-12, 20:22
hi thank you for your reply..it is real hard going thats for sure.. was on one med for bout 5 weeks as i mentioned so wishing id started on citalopram then as feel like its starting over again..hope i can find my way around this site as its a little over whelming at the moment but im sure we will all get stronger eh?

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

i totally understand what u mean..its such an isolating feeling that it is almost a relief to know we are not alone in this awful feeling! i get what u r say blonde thats for sure x

MrRedShirt
04-04-12, 20:24
hi thank you for your reply..it is real hard going thats for sure.. was on one med for bout 5 weeks as i mentioned so wishing id started on citalopram then as feel like its starting over again..hope i can find my way around this site as its a little over whelming at the moment but im sure we will all get stronger eh?

I was on a different med too, but didn't get a sufficient response from it - it's all part of the fun(??) of finding one that works.

I'm sure I haven't found my way around this site yet, I just click things and see where they take me...

And hello to onenoneblonde too! :)

onenoneblonde
04-04-12, 20:30
I hope so!! I'm positive I will start to feel normal again sometime soon but am going through a lot of trial and error at the min, as you describe... I had a really bad panic attack around 6 weeks ago, ended up in hospital with no movement in my left arm, apparently somatisation through unresolved anxiety. I've been referred to a therapist but have been told it will be 4-6 months and was loathe to take any medication as I always feel like I should 'snap out of it' when I get a bit stressed, although this time round is a whole new kettle of fish!!!!! I have been described propanalol, but thought I'd do it on my own :blush: cue 2 realy bad attacks this week, am at my GP's tomorrow and am hoping to start it at weekend. Thing is, I have 4 children under age of 11 and I don't know how I'll cope feeling worse than I already do - it panics me even thinking about it!!! lol :scared15:

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

HI!! @MrRedShirt :)

angel wings
04-04-12, 20:30
just wanted to say welcome and hope you find some useful info on here :welcome:

onenoneblonde
04-04-12, 20:34
I've already found it invaluable, this is first time I've ever joined anyhting like this too but already it's a source of comfort to know people who are going through same thing :) x

Pipkin
04-04-12, 20:36
Hi Suzee,

A big, warm :welcome: to NMP! You've found a great place to come to here and we all know how hard it can be when anxiety's at its worst. I understand what it's like when you can't concentrate on anything without that anxious feeling being triggered by the smallest thing - even a dog barking in the distance or a car door slamming can be enough to set me off. It's truly awful.

I've not been on citalopram myself but there are loads of people here who say it works really well for them. The initial rise in anxiety can be hard but, as you've said, it's worth sticking it out. The beta blockers will also help you with the physical symptoms.

As you read through the posts, you'll see that people have different ways of coping, some of which you might want to try. Please share with us what works for you too.

Take care and if you have any difficulties with navigating the website, just post and someone will point you in the right direction.

Pip xx

suzeelew
04-04-12, 20:46
hi all...and thnk u for the messages...you can be fast tracked to therapy and cbt thru other ways but not sure if im allowed to say on here?? as it may be seen as advertising?? think ill have to go to bed soon as feel so rough...never ever felt this bad in my life...its horrific. i hope u r ok with the little ones too that must be hard going..i worry with my one 13 years old x

MrRedShirt
04-04-12, 20:50
hi all...and thnk u for the messages...you can be fast tracked to therapy and cbt thru other ways but not sure if im allowed to say on here?? as it may be seen as advertising?? think ill have to go to bed soon as feel so rough...never ever felt this bad in my life...its horrific. i hope u r ok with the little ones too that must be hard going..i worry with my one 13 years old x

Hope you start to feel better soon.. I'm feeling pretty rough myself, have got some drinking chocolate to help me sleep and settle my stomach.

suzeelew
04-04-12, 20:53
sorry pipkin thnk i sent wrong message..thnk u so much for ur reply x it helps to know im not laone in this nightmare x

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

ive been literally in bed since monday night...feeling rough isnt the word! feel dreadful but think its from when i started citalopramso just got to stick with it
hope u too feel better soon redshirt