PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - 40mg reboot

Lion King
04-04-12, 20:19
Hi all,

I'm 4 weeks on with my citalopram after a 5 week stint of a disastrous cold turkey period.

Its taking a while to kick in, I'm very anxious and my nerves are playing me up. I've started withdrawing myself from large groups so that I can recover in peace, but people must think I'm weird as I avoid any unnecessary contact if I know it will make me anxious but I don't want to be in anyone's presence when I feel like this otherwise I will become self conscious and lose self confidence. I'm in a frustrated position playing the waiting game to get better, I'm also wondering if my dose is too high.

Don't feel good at the minute, I'm starting to feel fed up!

LK

Lion King
09-04-12, 06:52
Starting to feel a bit better, the shakiness is settling down.

Lion King
11-04-12, 18:01
Shakiness not right good today.

Just been shopping and I was shaking and tense, it didn't seem visible but I can't relax when it starts. I just keep conversations short and to the point but anything beyond I don't like to push it.

Just waiting for this medication to kick in and settle down, this is a struggle, I just feel like I'm keeping my head down while this happens.

One guy at work is trying to goad a reaction by sly intimidation tactics, I'm the new starter and I am starting at the bottom, the boss has brought me in to put me into a shift managers position, this would leap frog me over everybody else in the dept, this guy has got wind of this somehow and he wants the job so he's doing his bit to drive me out. I can handle this normally but not when I'm trying to keep my head down when I'm getting medication settled. Need a rest, to me promotions can take a back seat until that point, just can't be arsed with the b******ks!

The one thing that pisses me off is that I have to waste my time thinking about this crap when I can be focussed on positive things in life.

Ah well,keep my head down and plod on.

LK

Lion King
12-04-12, 15:22
Shakiness and anxiety still hanging about.

I feel ok one minute, then when I meet someone I'm not too familiar with I become anxious and tense even though I am feeling ok. Really weird, just want to relax on get on with life!

:huh:LK

Lion King
13-04-12, 19:10
Feel like crap today, it should have been a hppy day, had 20month baby scan and found out we are having a boy. I was happy but I feel so flat and run down with no energy all the time, I just feel like sleeping all the time!

Go away anxiety I've had enough, I'm struggling to even be positive!

Lion King
15-04-12, 20:49
Feel a bit better, tension still there at times but just trying not to focus too heavily upon this. Moving house next week to get away from Neighbours from Hell, so I think this will give me and family a lift!

Time to get on with life!
:D

Steve37
15-04-12, 21:20
Hi all,

I'm 4 weeks on with my citalopram after a 5 week stint of a disastrous cold turkey period.

Its taking a while to kick in, I'm very anxious and my nerves are playing me up. I've started withdrawing myself from large groups so that I can recover in peace, but people must think I'm weird as I avoid any unnecessary contact if I know it will make me anxious but I don't want to be in anyone's presence when I feel like this otherwise I will become self conscious and lose self confidence. I'm in a frustrated position playing the waiting game to get better, I'm also wondering if my dose is too high.

Don't feel good at the minute, I'm starting to feel fed up!

LK

You went straight back onto 40mg after 5 weeks of not taking any?:scared15:

Lion King
16-04-12, 18:58
I know its been a big shock to the system, I've just started taking one every other day to see if the anxiety backs off slightly.

Today has gone ok, had anxiety spells but nothing too overwhelming. Back off on dosage may be the answer!

Lion King
18-04-12, 21:26
Still taking med evry other day, no anxiety at all infact I felt so much more confident!

Suffering with bad headache this aftrnoon tho, I think this may be down to just feeling a bit under the weather.

I dealt with the person at work through management, all sorted, I told manager I just find this person very very sad!:D

Moving house on friday, so away from bad/idiot neighbours so things are looking up and brighter.

A happy Lion!

Lion King
29-05-12, 22:08
Still taking med evry other day, we have moved now and settled in our new house away from all the stress. Feeling much better these days, I'm just happy to be smiling again!