PDA

View Full Version : Newbee, General anxiety sufferer- Not coping.

Dreamer1125
04-04-12, 21:52
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site!
I have been suffering from anxiety for around 5 years- Ever since an old relationship that was abusive for 2 years ended. I have only recently been able to pinpoint that this was when it all started and it feels good to be able to put a beginning to it.

My anxiety has got progressively worse over the years. It's to the point now where I will hear my phone ring and I can feel my heart drop or if someone knocks on my door and I am not expecting it I hide upstairs cause I know I can't cope with it.

My old flatmates are causing me hassle at the moment in terms of money and my mum is having to help me out with sorting everything out because I just panic all the time.

I know that I am not suffering as bad as some people do but I feel as though I am drowning all the time and there is never a day I don't panic about something. I shake all the time and it's like my baseline now is panic. I went to my GP and was prescribed Beta Blockers to help reduce the amount of adrenaline my body produces and they have helped me alot and if I do panic I can take one of the pills and over time it levels me out. I worked myself up so badly today that I was on the floor having a anxiety attack with the worst headache and feeling like I was going to be sick which is very new and I have never had this before.

I don't know what to expect from writing all this but writing things down has always helped in the past so if anyone can help me or just chat to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for reading. :)

xx

MrRedShirt
04-04-12, 21:57
Hello Dreamer :)

I'm new to the site too, I joined on Monday. Everyone seems really friendly here.

I have found it really does help writing these things down, and particularly amongst people who can empathize in some way or other.

I hope you feel better soon.

Stormsky
04-04-12, 21:58
hi and welcome...
youll make lots of friends here...
Have you had any therapy? or just meds??

angel wings
04-04-12, 22:02
:welcome: hi dreamer and a warm welcome x

Dreamer1125
04-04-12, 22:10
I haven't had any therapy- I think I am going to look at getting CBT- Would you recommended it or anything else?

Aw thanks for the warm welcome everyone xx

MrRedShirt
04-04-12, 22:13
Hi Dreamer,

From what you've said I think you'd benefit a lot from CBT.

Have you looked into it at all?

Dreamer1125
04-04-12, 22:25
I have to a point- I won't lie- I have made a point of refusing to believe that i am actually 'suffering' from anxiety but after a LONG chat with my mum I've finally accepted it.

CBT is something that keeps being recommended but I am SO scared to talk about the relationship that set this off and the other things I feel. xx

bellbakers
06-04-12, 06:11
Hello to all

Every person who is becoming newbie does not take any risk for depression or anxiety because it is normal thing for any newcomer.