PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing Akathesia coming of seroxat anyone else had this???

vetran32
05-04-12, 09:18
Stopped Seroxat six weeks ago and experiencing horrible Akathesia with agitation last day and night was rocking in bed all night last night it was terrifying was so tempted just to start Seroxat again but not goin to if i can help it. Anyone else had this when they came off seroxat ???

LAURA48
05-04-12, 10:29
Hi Karl - so sorry you are feeling crap. Remember speaking to you a few weeks back - you were on Sert wanted to come off that and go back on Seroxat right?

Well I have been a few months back the same with Prozac - gosh isn't it horrible. I felt suicidal tbh and have never had that before. It's like Angels and Demons - when you first get one you like the Angels come and then going back on it the Demon. Can you see your GP and get some diazepam to help you with th Akathesia - as that condition is very unpleasant. PM me if you want

Laura :hugs:

vetran32
05-04-12, 12:56
What you had akathesia with the prozac?? im not on anything at the moment didnt go back on seroxat went to see my doctor and he said to try amitriptiline if you dont want to go back on seroxat because all the other ssris make me realy ill :)

LAURA48
05-04-12, 14:29
Hi Karl

Bit confused - so you didn't go back on the Seroxat - where did the Akathesia come from? Was it from the sertraline?

I think I did have the above coming off Prozac - all the symptoms you are describing sound like what I had.

I am waiting to see a "shrink" SSRIs are causing me problems too - need to be on something!

Hope you feel better soon - it's horrible.

Take care

Laura

julieannboo
05-04-12, 15:17
Stopped Seroxat six weeks ago and experiencing horrible Akathesia with agitation last day and night was rocking in bed all night last night it was terrifying was so tempted just to start Seroxat again but not goin to if i can help it. Anyone else had this when they came off seroxat ???

did you stop cold turkey. alot of people experience this if they taper too quickly or just stop taking it.

most people cannot stop taking seroxat (or paxil as it is known in america).

paxilprogress.org is a great forum that will give you loads of advice on what to do next.

LAURA48
05-04-12, 15:21
Sorry Karl

Just re read your post - when did you come off the Seroxat? Thought that was a long time ago or did you go back on it -

julieannboo
05-04-12, 15:36
Sorry Karl

Just re read your post - when did you come off the Seroxat? Thought that was a long time ago or did you go back on it -

he cold turkeyed 44 days ago.

thats where his problem lies.

vetran32
05-04-12, 19:48
Hi guys never actualy went cold turkey cut down to 10 mg for a whole year then stopped for two days on my doctors advice no seroxat went onto sertraline for 21 days it didnt work. So rather than go back on the seroxat after the sertraline not working i thought havent had any seroxat now for three weeks after being on a low dose 10 mg for a year before that maybe its time to go for it.So now havent taken any seroxat at all for seven weeks its hard but if i can make it to 6 months things might improve taking one day at a time. The only thing i have taken which was today was 40mg of propanalol to help with my agitation ive been getting from withdrawal. :D

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

6 weeks not seven my mistake

LAURA48
05-04-12, 20:51
Hi Karl

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time - all I can say it will get better - things should start to improve after this length of time after stopping Seroxat.

Take care Laura