PDA

View Full Version : HELLO I AM HURTSSOMUCH

hurtssomuch
01-07-06, 12:21
i have been here for some time but i have been gone for a while, i have PTSD, i suffer night terrors, flashbacks, severe depression, and because of emotional hardships i do get suicidal at times, i also have very mild agoraphobia, i am from california, but right now i reside in new orleans, (and yes it is very bad here, the devastation is worse then any of you can imagine, the world seems to think new orleans has recovered, it hasnt, about 55% of the houses are back in livable condition, only 15 % of the buisnesses have returned, and the crime rate it at an alkl time high, the govener has called in the natanal guard to help stop all the killings going on here), i am a carpenter, plumber, electracain, mason, ect.... right now i am the foreman of a constrution company, i write poetry, if you can call having a vioce pop into your head and recite poetry writing, then yes i write, somewhere in side me my sub contious writes these to cope with every day life, i have posted them before, so hetre are a few that have come sincce moving to new orleans,

<center>

I AM THE MOON

Each night I lay me down to sleep,
My broken hearted eyes do weep,
For me there shall be, no other one,
I am the moon, and you are the sun,

I dwell in darkness, without your light,
This love I have, I can not fight,
Forever to live, so far away,
When I am the night, and you are the day,

For what is the moon without your light,
An unseen speck, adrift in plight,
I am but a shadow, without the sun,
My day is ending, when yours has begun,

Cold and lifeless, adrift in space,
My only warmth, comes from your face,
A universe, touched by your gaze,
So many worlds lit by your rays,

For you are the sun, and I am the moon,
You are the wind, and I am the dune,
I am the mountain, and you are the sky,
And I will always love you, till the day I die,

When the eyes of the sky do cry,
Its the warmth of the sun,
that makes them dry,

YOU MAKE ME

Loneness wraps its cold arms around me,
And sorrow creeps in, like a long lost friend,
And these tears I cry over a loveless life,
Only leave when my eyes close, and I pretend,

For in my dreams there is only a vision,
And for the rest of my life, all I see or do,
Shall be but pour shadows and memories,
Of the time spent, when I was holding you,

For no lover scorned, no child born,
No family friend, shall comprehend,
The love my heart, that I will impart,
From this day on, until I am gone,

Forever is a very long time,
But it is made infinite, without your love,
Of all that I am,
all that I could be, you are the best of,

What makes me , me,

WHAT WILL BE

A broken heart,
It is sad but true,
Makes all the days,
Seem oh so blue,

But we have time,
To heal the scars,
I lost the word,
The word is ours,

As said alone,
And with apart,
There comes and end,
And then a start,

So do not deny,
A forlorn love,
The freedom given,
A little dove,

If a love you had,
Has flown away,
Do not become,
A bird of prey,

Do not use words,
Don’t scream and shout,
You only plant,
The seeds of doubt,

Let things settle,
And soon you will see,
What is meant to happen,
What will be, will be,

BEHIND MINE EYES

There’s a darkened passage,
That traverses time and space,
A self-absorbed enigma,
Hidden by the face,

Behind mine eyes,
There’s a theater of life,
It plays the days a trilogy,
That cuts me like a knife,

History is the story,
Of most men it’s told,
Add some horror and tragedy,
That’s when the story’s sold,

So written words,
Of black and white,
On parchment scratched,
And writer typed,

My story told,
Its sad but true,
A tear shed,
Emotions blue,

So read the written,
Comprehend its verse,
Feel the agony,
And you’ll know my curse,

I live in the dark,
Forever spurned,
When I reach for the light,
I am only burned,

At times my tears don’t show,
But I am always drowning,

FOREVER YOURS

When I look in your eyes,
I see the depth of beauty,
A caress from your

chucklehound
01-07-06, 14:02
Hi and welcome back to NMP, great poems!!:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Karen
01-07-06, 14:07
Hi Hurtsomuch

Welcome back. Have you been getting any help from a therapist for these issues?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

marie ross
01-07-06, 16:10
Hello,

Welcome back. I could never ever comprehend what anyone went through living there, i watched it on the news and was completly shocked.

Thank you for the poems. Take care.

Marie XXX

hurtssomuch
01-07-06, 18:38
thank you, but i would trade the ability to write in a second for just one nights sleep with out nightmares, and i wasnt in new orleans durinf the huricane and flood, i came about 6 months later, we have so many people here now that came in just to take advantage of others, fake contractors, scam artists, drug dealers, theives,

you have no idea how bad it is now, we have had 37 people shot in 17 days, 2 days ago there was a man and women sharing a fema trailer,both had a child, the women had a daughterl 14, and the man had a son 16, they found them all dead, shot to death, in there trailer, same night 3 bliocks from where i live a man and a women were driving down the street and someone shot them, they got into a wreck while trying to make it to the hospital,

2 weeks ago 5 teenaged boys were found shot dead, 2 16 years old, one 17, and 2 19 years old, thats when the mayor asked the govener to call in the army, we have 300 solders patroling the streets but it hasnt stopped the killings, in the last month we have had 9 police shot, 3 died, we have police being charged with rape and murder as well, and robbery, its like everyone sees the weakened state new orleans is in and is trying to take advantage of it, its like bveing in hell on earth,

there are still over 2000 people missing from the flood, and every now and then theres a smell that blows over the city, its the smell of death, they found a body 9 blocks from where i live 5 days ago, under a pile of debries, it has been there since the flood,

garbage lines all the streets, and people are starting to return home, but with no place to live, its causeing havoc, rent is way ocver what it should be, i pay $1000 a month for a room, from what i see, its going to take 10 years minimum for new orleans to get back to what it used to be,

i will post some pictures soon to give you an idea of what is here, you will be horrified, and the worst of it is, theres good people here tryinmg to help, but the bad ones are stealing them blind, there is a christain group here called HOPE, they have been rebuilding 6 houses a month for people that had no money or way to have there homes fixed,

well one day while at work someone went and stole all there personal possesions from the school they were staying in, including the tools that had been left behind, cameras, identification, money, walets, purses, anything they could find of value, over 1/2 the volenteers left and went home, who could blame them,

the streets are lined with homless people that came here to work and help rebuild, people that have lost everything to come to the aid of others, when they got here they got work and were givnen oplaces to stay, only to find when pay day came they didnt get paid, and there belonging were gone, tools and all,

now the police are being careful now to watch for these fakes and con men, but i am talking 100s of people that have lost everything to come here, i sit here and cry each and very time i watch the news, for every one story of hope theres 7 of dispair,

im not really supposed to be here, this was just going to be a short stop on my way to the UK, but like with everyhtuing in my life its all fallen apart, and now i am stuck here, and i dont see a way out for me any time soon, but i only blame myself,

the tears i cry will forever be in vein

PITITA
02-07-06, 01:35
Dear Hurtssomuch,

I am lost for words..... I feel the deepest sympathy for you and everybody suffering in New Orleans right now!!! Your report is heart-wrenching, horrid... it is so shocking! I believe every word you write and believe me when I say my heart and thoughts go out for you!!!!! I feel like the man in green mile...I just FEEL your pain!!!! I feel it so much!!!!

I know I cannot offer much from here, but I WILL do the only thing I can for you...PRAY!!! I will pray for the situation to improve and for your personal strength!!!!

I want you to know that you are absolutely amazing!!! Your poems are touching, show so much strength!!!!

Keep well!!!!!!

Sending you all my love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pitita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

" The solution to a problem is right through it..."

nomorepanic
02-07-06, 01:38
ed
some paragraphs would help

i cant read that!

Nicola

wobily_lin
02-07-06, 05:08
hi Ed,

Welcome again. Some beautiful poems there mate. Really talented u are.

Take care,

Lin.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hurtssomuch
02-07-06, 08:25
im sorry nic, i fixed it, i was crying my eyes out while writing the reply, i am over emotional, and get to caught up in what i am writing, i wish there was something i could do to help the people here but i cant, and it makes me feel so worthless, i will try to put paragraphs in my posts from now on, thank you everyone,

emma chant
02-07-06, 12:44
HI There,
I absolutely loved your poems,there brilliant.
xxx:D

e chant

nomorepanic
02-07-06, 16:02
Sorry Ed

Didn't mean to be insensitive. I know how hard it is. Please accept my apology.

Nicola

hurtssomuch
02-07-06, 16:27
nic you dont have to say sorry, really, whej i went back and look at my post and tryed to read it i saw what you were talking about, im not sure if this will make sence to you but i try to not read what i just wrote because it makes me cry more, i should really try to write when i am not so emotional ,

but it seems thats the time i need to write, thank you nic, excepting me back after the uneeded drama i brought to you and others shows me how much you really care about others, and i am thankful you started this sight, and i no i dont always have control of my emotions, but i will always welcome constructive critism from you, thank you,

nomorepanic
02-07-06, 16:34
Ed

Thanks for replying. You know I never turn anyone away from here and as long as it helps you to be here then that is fine by me.

Nicola

jackie
02-07-06, 20:09
hi hurtsomuch

heartbreaking what we all saw on there, i do hope you can all get back on your feet again although it wont be easy i know. how did this happen to this wealthy land

jackie

darkangel
02-07-06, 20:26
hi ed

welcome back - your poems touched my soul - so talented

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

GinGanGhoul
02-07-06, 23:05
Hi.

keep putting pen paper. It's mightier than the sword and pleasing to mine eyes.

pete

trac67
02-07-06, 23:56
Hi Ed,

Welcome back, nice to see you again

Love

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hurtssomuch
03-07-06, 00:02
thank you, its good to be back.

seh1980
05-07-06, 13:35
Welcome back & thanks for the poems - inspirational as ever!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

phoenix
06-07-06, 17:02
hey hurtssomuch, sorry to hear you are going through such a bad time. I think your poetry is REALLY beautiful, I could be way off the mark here, but i detect a glorious gothic tone in your prose... check out http://www.oldcuriosityshop.net
there is a poetry section on there where Im sure you will get a great response.

@~}~~

phoenix