PDA

View Full Version : H Pylori? Scared

MissSunshine
05-04-12, 11:27
I just spoke to a different gp about my acid reflux, I finished my meds for the acid 5 days ago and Im starting to feel it come back. So she's prescribed me another month saying it normally takes 2 months for it to work. However she said if after this month I still get the acid reflux then to book in for a blood test for H Pylori. I got really scared when she said this as I thought its my anxiety and stress givin me the reflux! How am I going to stay calm now! I have health anxiety so I'm going to be so scared all this month hoping it will go away.

:(

LAURA48
05-04-12, 11:54
H Pylori is nothing to be scared about - husband had it and basically given antibiotics and Losec - cleared the matter up.

MissSunshine
05-04-12, 20:54
thanks, i will see if the tablets work, i just couldnt help but worry at first xx

michellew
05-04-12, 21:09
H.pylori is just a type of bacteria that can easily be cleared up with antibiotics. You are lucky your doctor is testing you for it even though you don't have an ulcer or anything like that!

MissSunshine
05-04-12, 21:54
I was surprised too normally who ever I see never turns me away for tests I have to ask!
I'm so terrified of getting a ulcer as I worry a lot and I kept thinking I'm bringing on a ulcer which makes me worry more. Horrible cycle!

michellew
06-04-12, 00:05
There is a debate as to whether stomach ulcers can be directly caused by stress so don't worry about worrying :p if you do have H.pylori in your stomach, it might not even cause any problems, a lot of people can have it all their lives and not get an ulcer. If you are worried though, it can be hereditary so find out if you have a family history of it. Otherwise its pretty unlikely that you will get a stomach ulcer. And even if you do happen to develop one, they are sore but VERY easily treated in this day and age. My housemate had one and she was only sick for about a week, she even continued to drink (not recommended) and it cleared up fine!

MissSunshine
07-04-12, 20:07
thank you for reassuring me xx