PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get pregnant/was heavy drinker

allyp82
05-04-12, 11:36
I am 29 and have recently got married. I am really worried that I am not going to get pregnant becasue I have been a heavy drinker for 7 years (bottle of wine a night kind of thing).

I am about to start trying to conceive, and obviously I will not be drinking like I used to.

However, I am really worried that I may have affected my fertility through drinking too much.

I'm interested to know if there is anyone here that was a heavy drinker who has successfuly conceived??

I know every couple can take different amounts of time - my cousin took a year and a half and has never been a big drinker, but it's really playing on my mind and stressing me out (which i know won't help either!)

Grateful for any one else's experiences in this. Thanks a lot.

sherylee xx
05-04-12, 13:06
hun full blow alcoholics fall pregnant all the time as do ladies heavily addicted to class a drugs it can trake a healthy man and lady up tp 18 months to conceive so dont expect it to happen right away good luck :) xx

swgrl09
05-04-12, 13:22
My grandma is a full-blown alcoholic, and self-medicates as well (not good). She's done this her whole life and managed to have 4 kids pretty easily. Not to condone that sort of behavior at all, for the health of the baby. But I wouldn't worry. Snookie just got pregnant if any of you watch Jersey Shore in the US. If alcohol affected fertility, that would not have happened.

---------- Post added at 08:22 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

Also just a suggestion but if you haven't done so already, why not go have a chat with your doctor or gynecologist? I'm sure they can tell you what to expect, how long it could take, what is normal, and provide some tips for conception.

Helen1985
05-04-12, 13:36
Yes, I used to be out every night drinking hun. Litrally every night!! then fell pregnant and have had no problems went on to have a healthy baby girl. (obv didnt drink when i was pregnant!) xx

Em84
05-04-12, 16:11
Hi

I used to drink everyday also....sometimes 6 cans a night...still got preggie lol

Xxx

Anxious_gal
06-04-12, 02:00
Drinking and smoking could affect your partners sperm too.

amandaj
06-04-12, 09:51
i used to drink heavy and i stress used to, as dont anymore but i have 4 kids and youd prob wouldnt belive me if told you how much i used to drink good luck xx

allyp82
06-04-12, 15:02
Thanks ever so much for your replies, I feel a lot more positive now. It's just with all the info out there about the dangers of drinking too much, I got myself into a bit of a state. I've had health anxiety about lots of things in the past and as soon as I read something on the Internet I panic.

Obviously I know the dangers of drinking and I will be so much more healthy now we are trying to conceive. Neither my husband or I smoke and are generally pretty healthy in all other ways. So I will try to stop worrying about this and stay positive.

It just helps to know that there are other people around who have maybe had a rather unhealthy past and have still gone on to have healthy children!

Thanks again for your replies :-)