PDA

View Full Version : Constant stomach ache...

anxietyoverload
05-04-12, 12:05
My stomach is just always full of gas and its sooo uncomfortable! I assume its down to my IBS (if thats even whats wrong with me) i think its just my anxiety creeping back up on me :( i really do not want to be back in that place! im worrying about it now and its getting worse!

So it could be IBS but, does anyone just have a upset stomach due to Anxiety? i mean im stressed all the time due to work loweing my hours, and paying the mortgage and all sorts of other thing, do you think this kind of worry could have this affect on me? x

Mick081081
05-04-12, 12:21
Hiya,

Yep anxiety is a beast that can cause all sorts of physical symptoms. Plus more stress/worry = more anxiety I learnt this the hard way unfortunately. My stomach was playing up amongst other things when I was in full blown anxiety mode with a few panic attacks thrown in for good measure. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Mick

xvolatileheart
05-04-12, 13:14
I get lots of gas/bloating/sick stomach/GI symptoms when I'm anxious. Doesn't feel nice at all, but it's definitely anxiety related.

anxietyoverload
05-04-12, 16:32
Its so strange that anxiety can have these full blown affects on you! i hate it! im anxious about been anxious! lol! so uncomfortable right now, cant stop belching and im pretty sure my stomachs going to explode!

thanks guys! x

Mick081081
05-04-12, 17:16
Anxiety is horrible I had mine under control until recently but it got so bad the doc has prescribed me Citalopram which I'm glad to say seems to be working slightly. I've only been taking it roughly 3 weeks so hoping it gets even better as time goes by. I was burping really bad a bit ago but as they say better out than in- lol! Hope it gets better for you and if not go to the docs and see what they suggest. Take care.

Mick.

St3v3n
06-04-12, 04:26
Have been having lots of similar symptoms recently too-Have been to the GP for a few tests and they say I'm fine. But the symptoms just keep going on and on so you start to doubt that it really is anxiety after all. It's strangely comforting to hear there are other people feeling the same way. Was in a similar situation to yourself Mike; I had my anxiety in check and had even stopped taking my Citalopram then it decided to reappear.Really nice to read all your comments. Take care everyone.:)