PDA

View Full Version : please help i am getting really down over this

richtaz33
05-04-12, 14:41
*I don't know what to say or do. I feel and think were still engaged. I only say that because two months we broke it off because of my depression. Were still together and carry on as normal but not physicaly engaged. Thing is it feels like she does not care about me anymore like that special love and sincere has gone. Its like she doesn't really love me anymore.i know its hard for her and i try and carry on as normal best i can but the way she is is making it worse because i ruminate allot. If i talk to her about it she goes all defensive and calls herself a heartless cow etc i then feel bad and say your not etc. I don't know what to do or say. I just want love and that feeling she will be there no matter what etc because at the moment that's not there. Any suggestions because its making my mind attack everything.*

ems73
05-04-12, 16:06
Aw Rich you poor thing, I was hoping that things would be better for you guys. Remind me what you're doing for your depression? Are you taking any medication?

It can be very hard for the other person and she may just be trying to protect herself as she's worried that you'll leave her. You need an honest and sincere chat but it's difficult for you to do that while you're feeling bad, you need to get your depression under control in order to think clearly.

richtaz33
05-04-12, 16:28
hi ems i am on medication at moment. just had an increase.

Em84
05-04-12, 16:47
Hi Rich

I'm so sorry that's things are tough for you at the moment...I know how hard it is to be in a relationship with one of us suffering with this....I have had health anxiety for around 1.5 years now and I have been married for 5..,even to this day I have had 'silent' panic attacks around him and once had one so bad I called the gas co oany out at 3am thing I had cm poisoning...he has never u derstood what I go through and he thinks I make it all up in my head...soetimes he might not talk to me for a couple of days or takes the mick about my doctors appointments.

I don't think anyone who doesn't suffer with anxiety will really get it at all....unless it happens to them..

Keep your head high, maybe when with her try not to become obsessed with the symptoms...I know it's hard...I love coming here for reassurance at bad times and try to help others as well.

If she loves you she will stick by you through thick and thin...that's what it's all about....

Best of luck

Xxxx