PDA

View Full Version : don't think they work no more

Lilyblue
05-04-12, 15:33
I changed to tablets and so far i've taken 7 since January. First tab I took it drowsed me good, but that's all, other ones doing not much. The liquid kicked in straight away but after half the bottle went it stopped working much too and bottle doesnt last long.
I find tabs easy (but hate swallowing them) as can just take them in my bag everywhere I go and last longer than liquid.

I took one half hour before an appointment and my tummy was still like a washing maching, felt anxious, it helped my tummy a tiny bit. Even tried taking it an hour before appointment but same.
Why won't they work anymore? Am I taking them wrong, I do have trouble swallowing it like I have it in mouth for ages swilling water round but it dosnt shrink, so I know I swallowed it whole. Plus I had to go on a bus back from city and I felt so travelsick. It's put me off, even taxi made me travel sick. Maybe it's the tabs.
I have to use a bus next week and i'm praying Diazepam works as have an appointment in the city too. I go in taxi and back on bus, if can't do bus I have taxi back. But expensive.

Have they not worked for anyone else? Or is it just me,. I don't get how it worrked well the first tab and the more ive taken the less they do.

I've been on and off diazepam for 3 years, but only take it when I have appointments and that was never many.

grotbags
14-05-12, 22:38
What dose are you on? I am finding that I need 15mg if I'm in a really severe panic.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

I also combine them with beta blockers for a better effect.

Lilyblue
15-05-12, 10:30
im on 2mg..

dan1234
15-05-12, 21:20
im on 2mg..

says it all really.

grotbags
16-05-12, 21:15
2mg is such a tiny dose. I have always found I need around 4 or 5mg to actually notice I've taken something.

Also, tolerance can build up pretty quickly. At one time I could take 5mg and go out and do pretty much anything. Now, I would need more. And I only use them sporadically...

joy
16-05-12, 21:23
they dont work for me at all nor does lorzapam.

joy

joy
20-05-12, 15:07
I aked my shrink why diaz and lorz dont work for me. It seems 10% people it doesnt work for. Great he couldnt give me any thing else except wait for new mkeds to work, mean while the walls are getting footprints while Iclimb round them.Anybody got any ideas

Love Joy

grotbags
20-05-12, 19:38
Have you tried anything like Pregabalin Joy? I haven't tried it myself but I have noticed information about it on here. No doctor has ever mentioned it to me and as a medication I don't really understand what it's for.

Oh, and have you tried Propranolol? I find it helpful to stay physically calmer, but it doesn't relax my mind, if that makes sense.

BobbyDog
20-05-12, 19:45
Have you tried anything like Pregabalin Joy? I haven't tried it myself but I have noticed information about it on here. No doctor has ever mentioned it to me and as a medication I don't really understand what it's for.

Oh, and have you tried Propranolol? I find it helpful to stay physically calmer, but it doesn't relax my mind, if that makes sense.

I asked my doctor about Pregabalin and he said he would not prescribe it for anxiety, only migraine, epilepsy and something else I can't remember.

dan1234
20-05-12, 19:50
I asked my doctor about Pregabalin and he said he would not prescribe it for anxiety, only migraine, epilepsy and something else I can't remember.

Weird because it is licensed for anxiety. No licence for migraines...

KK77
20-05-12, 19:57
Methinks your dockie is telling porkies cos it is licensed for that purpose :lac:

joy
20-05-12, 21:34
i've been on pregablin for anxiety for 6 dys so fr no improvement. Propanalol doesnt do much as I dont get many physical symptonms with anxiety mainly mental.
also being on valdoxan a new anti dep for 6 days also but feel horrible at the moment

Joy

pregablin is really expensive so thats probably why your gp wouldnt give it

kittikat
20-05-12, 21:53

I discussed this with my GP and got a similar response!! But the diazepam works a treat for me :) Kitti

grotbags
20-05-12, 21:57
You're on Valdoxan Joy? That is something that I'm really interested in but I can't find much information about it. Perhaps both pregabalin and Valdoxan take time to start working? Hope you start feeling better soon

KK77
21-05-12, 00:28
pregablin is really expensive so thats probably why your gp wouldnt give it

You seem to get them all Joy - you go private?

joy
21-05-12, 09:03
Yes just started to go private but to be fair an NHS shrink gave me pregablin 3 years ago cant remember if they worked,
Been having a lot of trouble with ther mental health team nhs so deciderd to spend kids inheritance and go private for a while He is so nice but so far(only a week) feel as bad as I did before

Love Joy

He was very good and got my gp to wrire the prescription so I didnt have to pay for the meds

dan1234
21-05-12, 16:46
Yes just started to go private but to be fair an NHS shrink gave me pregablin 3 years ago cant remember if they worked,
Been having a lot of trouble with ther mental health team nhs so deciderd to spend kids inheritance and go private for a while He is so nice but so far(only a week) feel as bad as I did before

Love Joy

He was very good and got my gp to wrire the prescription so I didnt have to pay for the meds

Be thankful Joy. I paid for a private prescription and it was £72 for 3 weeks supply. Cheapest was lloyds.

KK77
21-05-12, 19:14
also being on valdoxan a new anti dep for 6 days also but feel horrible at the moment

Joy

Do you feel any better on Valdoxan? Not heard much feedback with this med.

joy
21-05-12, 19:28
Too early to tell. its a new med but has quite good reports, Shrink says if he was anxious its the drug he would take so I suppose thats a good recommondation..

Anxiety pretty high at the moment tho

Joy

plotlost
04-07-12, 14:15
Ive found the diaz very quickly become ineffective at lower doses (5mg). The 1st few times and I was away, felt like I could face anything a didnt care, however now they barely touch me and possibly make me feel worse (maybe because im hoping for that let up and they fail to deliver?)

tofutoffees
06-07-12, 18:48
plotlost - I agree. 5mg diazepam/Valium used to do the trick. I've taken 10mg this afternoon and I can't notice any real effect (maybe a bit calmer). That said, I don't feel bad enough to warrant taking another, yet I ran to the doctor this lunchtime for an emergency prescription. So they must be working a bit. Definitely not the same effect as they used to have though. I have taken a lot more than 10mg in a day before (recently) and have functioned, been the life and soul of the party. They make me very carefree. But a definite slump afterwards.

I'd advise use enough to take the edge off and no more. And if they don't work anymore, it could be slippery slope into taking huge doses to get any effect and possible addiction.

Scary! Wish they were a miracle cure because they are good to get through a short-term crisis!

I am interested to read about these new medications as well - they must be able to come up with something that will work???! Please?:shrug: