PDA

View Full Version : Constantly on the scales

mike2512
05-04-12, 15:35
Hi, i cant stop getting on the scales, last year i was 16st 6lbs and to be honest this year iv been playing a lot of golf and been more active and now im fluctuating around 16 to 16.4. My son was in the hospital last week and it was a very worrying time he had a Febrile Convulsion. The next day i got on the scales and i was 15.12! Since then i have been panicking im going to die and have cancer. I have been purposly eating more this week mainly junk food but the weight isnt going on sounds really silly i know but im panicking. I have stopped playing golf because i will lose more weight and spending all my time thinking about it 24/7. The docotor isnt worried as iv recently had blood tests and 2 abdominal ultrasounds near the end of last year but i cant stop with this constantly checking my weight and looking at myself in the mirror i think i can see the weight dropping of me in different areas. Wish my head would just stop all these negative thoughts i hate them.

Em84
05-04-12, 16:10
Hiya

First of all I know how worrying and scary seeing your child have a febrile convulsion is, my son has had 4 of these, the first he was around 1 yrs old and the second 2 weeks ago aged 4...these were due to ear infections causing high temp.

Anxiety can easily affect out weight, I have def seen a difference since this all started...one your keeping active and with the recent hot weather I am sure you are fine. You are not underweight so I really wouldnt be too concerned.

I've stay there looking at pictures of myself from 2 years ago comparing wrist and leg size as I feel sometimes I look like I'm wasting...I think it's all in my head to be honest as the clothes still fit....

Eat a healthy diet, keep up the fun and exercising...this is what we need....

I'm sure your fine

Xxx

mike2512
05-04-12, 16:20
Thanks for the reply, I have never been so scared in my life because my son stopped breathing and I thought he had gone. The ambulance was here in minutes and he spent the night in hospital and was diagnosed with tonsillitis. Since googling I am shocked how common febrile convulsions are in young kids. It was the scariest thing iv seen in my life.

Em84
05-04-12, 16:27
I know...the first time is the worst...he had been with my mum all day and literally 5 mins back in the house his eyes went funny the the fitting started...we called the ambulance and he stopped breathing...they rushed him into A&E and I remember breaking down because at the time I didn't know what was happening and I thought he was gone....
They gave us diazepam in a liquid version incase of future fits as he was so young...we gave this to him on the 2nd and 3rd fits but still called ambulance for check up....

This last one 2 weeks ago happened while he was at school...I think they were shocked when I didn't react to badly when they rung to say the paramedics were there as I knew what it was...it's always the same thing with him ear infection.

At least you are aware now, they are prone to have more so if he's ever unwell calpol calpol and more...keep the temp down, if kiddie fits again remove clothes...we always call ambulance just incase...

It's a very common thing....it's nice to meet someone who has been through the same thing,....

Xxx

mike2512
05-04-12, 17:39
Yer he has had a few little ones in the past but nothing like last week. The doctor said if it happens again just let him fit and I thought yer ok il be calling an ambulance if he ever goes like that again. He said they will stop after he reaches 6. Funny thing is that when it happened all my worries about myself dissapeared and I'd have given my own life to save his and I said to my partner I'm never going to moan about the way I feel again but yet here I am today lol grrrr.