PDA

View Full Version : Help - urgent advice needed

laaa_24
05-04-12, 15:37
I am flying tomorrow. My doctor gave me 6 tablets of 2mg diazepam to take.

I have taken one now to see the effect and I'm only feeling a tiny sleepy. Is this normal or should I be feeling more than this? I have never taken anxiety meds before (only prozac for OCD).

Also, how long do they stay in your system for?

If I find just the one tablet doesn't work, can I take another afterwards to increase the dosage.. also how much can I take within a time period of say 24 hours?

Thanks everyone.

Lilyblue
05-04-12, 18:45
Hi. 2mg is a small dose and some take 5mg at 1 time. So I doubt 2 would hurt, you could ask the chemist
If you take 3 a day (6 hours apart or so) should say on packet, then may work.
Everyone acts differently though.

kittikat
05-04-12, 18:47
Hi...I am on diaz 12mg day for my anx and function quite well. 2mg is a very low dose so don't worry, it's normal to feel a little 'relaxed' or slightly sleepy at first. They do build up in your system with long term use...you will be fine on a couple....I believe they last around 8 hours or so in the system..it's called the half-life so you could google it just to be sure. I would suggest 1 before bed time....1 on waking and 1 about an hour before your flight, depending what time you are flying. I assume that you are saving some for your return flight.....you will be fine...don't worry. Let them do their stuff, relax and enjoy your holiday!!
Kitti :)

haz
05-04-12, 19:02
Agree with Kitticat!

Have a nice time.

Haz. :)