PDA

View Full Version : Confused & scared

princess & the pea
05-04-12, 23:55
Hi
I am new to this site, new to forums altogether really, I may aswell just come out with it, I'm 26 and feel like I'm going mad!! It all started in janurary I started to feel palpatations and after a hospital visit, ambulance visit and trip to the doctors they came up with "it may be just one of those things" this was not really a comfort to me and I started to worry that maybe the doctors were missing something, then the panic set in "what if I have a heart attack" what if I just stop breathing in the night" then came these fears of death, I feel so scared about what happens when u die Its all I can think about even when I'm trying not to it just seems to pop into my head! I have 2 beautiful children and feel totally bless with my happy healthy family that I keep thinking something bad is definitely going to happen to us! I just want to feel normal again but it seems the harder I try not to think bad thoughts the worse it gets! I don't really know what to do? :weep:

diane07
05-04-12, 23:56
Hi princess & the pea

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bottleblond
06-04-12, 00:04
Hi Princess

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

Yup been there - done those symptoms and it's not pleasant. Those are pretty common symptoms of anxiety/health anxiety.

Try not to worry because nothing bad it going to happen to you, these are just normal feelings and fears and hopefully with a little reassurance, things will settle down for you again.

Lisa
x

princess & the pea
06-04-12, 00:38
Thanks
I just came on here with the hope that it will make me feel that I'm not alone with these feelings, I have not spoken to friends or family about this as I am afraid they will just diss miss it and tell me not to be so silly and just pull my socks up, coz when I suffered with mild post-natal depression after my daughter was born that was what happened and that was bad enough, but this is on a whole other level!

bottleblond
06-04-12, 01:04
Jings, Post natal depressing is horrible. :hugs:

You're certainly not on your own. I can relate to everything to have described and i know many of the others will too.

xx

Rach29
06-04-12, 02:03
Hi princess i get theses thoughts there the scariest things i hate them but it is all anxiety nothing is gonna happen to you i hope you find this site helpful :)

Kelley
06-04-12, 12:20
Heya.

You sound like me. I had PND when I was 22 and had my daughter. It was so bad and I didn't know what was happening to me......I thought I was going to die. Since then I've had many breakdowns and come out of them. I'm in one now and even though I know what's happening to me and why it doesn't take the feelings away.
I too started my last breakdown 3 years ago when my anxiety started to become physical. The palpitations were so bad I thought my heart was going to stop! I saw drs and had tests and was told they were harmless and to deal with it. It was only when I discovered forums like this one that I started accepting them and they don't happen half as much anymore. Although I have other symptoms that have taken their place for the moment.

You are definately not unique and you are not alone that's for sure. I'm positive this site will help you to understand what you are going through. Death is scary for everyone on earth. The difference between those who don't panic about it and us is that we are born to worry and panic so for us it becomes something we think way too much about in way too much depth. I like to tell myself that once before I didn't exist and I didn't know so I wont know then. And everything is ALWAYS much worse in thought then when it happens.
Thanks to science, people have a very long life expectancy these days and you weren't born with a defect so you are very blessed to be one of those on earth who can enjoy the benefits of a long healthy life.
When you're not feeling so overwhelmed you won't think about your fears so much.

Kel

Annelou
06-04-12, 13:03
Hi princess,

I can relate to so much of what you are saying and it really is awful, but try and take some comfort from the face that your not alone. I used to get really bad missed heart beats and I was convinced there was something wrong with my heart, had a few tests all clear and now they seem to have calmed right now probally cause I'm obsessing over another symptom now I find it so hard to believe all of it could be down to anxiety! I also feel like I'm so lucky to have such a beautiful family that I'm almost waiting for something awful to go wrong.

I have started on some medication for anxiety and my GP had referred me for sone therapy so I'm really hoping it's starts to help cause I don't wan to feel like this anymore. Have you spoke to your GP about he you feel? Also you ll get lots of good advise on this site and people you can talk to xx

princess & the pea
06-04-12, 23:41
Thanks every1 im sorry to hear many of u feel like this too coz i know how awful these feelings are but it is re-assuring that im not actually alone and going mental!