PDA

View Full Version : woke up feeling really anxious

Rach29
06-04-12, 01:54
Hi guys i was in a nice little sleep when i woke up feeling scared as if something bads gonna happen im a little shakey and feel weird i know its anxiety and im keeping calm so i dont have a panic attack:unsure: but im really tired and cant sleep just wondering if anyone has any tips if any of you wake up anxious in the middle of the night its the worst oh doesnt help that my partners snoring his head off and fidgeting :wacko:

kittikat
06-04-12, 02:19
Oh dear...poor you. Have a nice milky hot chocolate and kick the other half out the bed :roflmao: I do hope it passes...maybe try read for a bit 'till you feel the eyes going.... hopefully you can have a lay in tomorrow & feel refreshed. Good luck.
Kitti :)

NoPoet
06-04-12, 22:01
Could you have had an anxious dream? I sometimes do, and it puts me in a nervous, shaky mood for a day or so after depending how bad the dream must have been.

I seriously, seriously recommend something I started doing partway through my CBT course. I record motivational things and listen to them on loop on an mp3 player. It is quite hard to over-state how much I have come to rely on this. It's a free therapy session. You need to try to listen to them for at least 15 minutes every day and concentrate on them (try not to fall asleep straight away like I do). Listen to them when you go to bed. I even recorded one of my dad's talks about castles (he's a historian who gives talks, tours and presentations) and find it incredibly reassuring.

Mp3s can be as simple or as long as you like. I just recorded one today:

"I am healthy. I am normal. I am safe."

Those three sentences tackle health anxiety, social anxiety, general anxiety, fear of death and general self-worth issues. You can learn to pack quite a punch in just a few statements.

EDIT: They just provide reassurance in the short term but if you listen to them over a period of weeks, you will notice they start to become a part of your life.

haz
06-04-12, 23:27
I get this a lot. It's really horrible isn't it? I take diazepam when I feel like this although it doesn't always work if I'm really anxious. I just have to get up even though I'm really tired and just want to sleep.

You're not alone. :hugs:

Haz. x