PDA

View Full Version : is this carpel tunnel?

lelespears
06-04-12, 08:00
Recently I've been waking in the night with numb aching arms when I move them they break out in pins & needles. I feel like my arms feel weak and achy. My wrist really hurt and I can't put any pressure on them. I feel like my grip is weaker and I'm worried it's something like a brain tumour or MS.

Does this sound familiar?

Lele x

nomorepanic
06-04-12, 12:25
I have Carpal tunnel and yes it does sound like it.

You probably need to get a referral by the GP to see a rheumatologist for nerve conduction tests.

I am waiting to have hydrocortisone injections for mine

miniminx
06-04-12, 12:41
hi, sounds like you have carpel tunnel to me!! i recently had my carpel tunnel recitifed with surgery. and its gone!! i had wasting of muscle too on the palm of my hand as id had it 8 years without doing anything about it.(i thought it would just go away,tho i did have steroid injections a couple of times) i havent looked back,, the surgery took just 20 mins and i was awake..Easy peasy.:)

nomorepanic
06-04-12, 12:56
Did the injections hurt or cause any problems for you. I really don't want to have them but I have no other choice and they won't operate on mine.

miniminx
06-04-12, 13:04
Hi the injections didnt hurt one bit! and did ease my carpel tunnel for a while..maybe they wouldve cured it but id left it too long before i sought treatment for it..but they do work.

nomorepanic
06-04-12, 13:54
Thanks for the reply.

kittikat
06-04-12, 14:06
I had cubital tunnel syndrome, something to do with the ulnar nerve which presented very similar sympotms. Go have a chat with your doc to put your mind at rest.

Good luck, Kitti :)