PDA

View Full Version : Nausea and anxiet?? Please help!

oscrazymum
06-04-12, 08:03
Every morning I wake up early and immediately start to feel nauseous and anxious. I can't tell whether I feel nauseous because of the anxiety or anxious because of the nausea but it's terrifying me. I already think there's something awful wrong with me despite reassurances from my GP, but this is horrible. It all started 3 weeks ago with a bout of dyspepsia with upper abdominal pain - I had a huge anxiety reaction to that (convinced myself I had cancer), and lost my appetite and became nauseous. I took omezaprole and the pain has now gone, but I can't shake the nausea. I feel hungry as normal but don't have any desire for food and nothing sounds good. I don't know what to do, I'm desperate to stop waking up feeling like crap and just want to feel like me again, but I don't know how. I had 4 days last week with no nausea and was hopeful, but now it's back. I sometimes get nauseous after my evening meal too, but again I don't know how much of it is psychological or physical. Does anyone have any simulate experience? It's difficult to accept that anxiety could make me feel like this. Crying also seems to relieve the feelings somewhat.

k9love
08-04-12, 17:33
Hi,

Im exactly the same, I do have some health issues right now but I figure my anxiety is making them worse.

I wake up feeling sick, and darent eat incase I feel sick again!

I wonder whether a lot of my feeling ill is down to just panicking about everything!!

I did go completely off my food some months back whilst under going tests, docs thought my lack of apetite was due to my condition but it turned out it was the anxiety about it that caused me to not want food!

I really hope you feel better soon, its horrible not being able to function "normaly"

Let me know how you get on.

Forgot to say, last time I couldnt eat I found going out to eat where someone else put food in front of you helped.

nicola1980
08-04-12, 17:55
Hi im exactly the same to the point some mornings i retch and gag its awful and makes me panic even more x x