PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new looking for support

TJSMITH
06-04-12, 19:04
Hi im new to all this.

I am also new to the term depression in the sense im realising its a real illness now.
I am looking for reassurance as read to many scary stories.
I have been on Citalopram for 5 weeks at 20mg this has enabled me to function but i am far from myself.
This pleace for me is a scary place to be.

nomorepanic
06-04-12, 19:07
Hi TJSMITH

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Elen
06-04-12, 19:17
Hi im new to all this.

I am also new to the term depression in the sense im realising its a real illness now.
I am looking for reassurance as read to many scary stories.
I have been on Citalopram for 5 weeks at 20mg this has enabled me to function but i am far from myself.
This pleace for me is a scary place to be.

Hi TJ and welcome.

Great that you are on Cit and are at least able to function.

The good news is that the only way is up from here.

Hopefully you will meet some friends here who "get it" and you will be able to support each other on the road to recovery.

Dont believe all the horror stories you hear, there are plenty of success stories alive and kicking on NMP.

Once again :welcome: to NMP, I only hope that you find it as helpful as I have.

Elen

kittikat
06-04-12, 19:58
Hi TJSMITH and :welcome:
Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. Glad you have found this site, lovely people always ready to offer help and support. Keep posting!!

Kitti :)

wee_debs2003
06-04-12, 22:31
Hi TJ,well done you on getting the support from your doc and starting meds. It is a scary place indeed but hopefully things are now on the up for you. Been on fluoexetine for 24 days now and not seeing a massive difference but this site has really helped as there are so many lovely people on here and just talking to folk who are feeling the same makes it easier. Good luck with your treatment,it will get better :-)