PDA

View Full Version : ever feel like ur doctor gives u an easy diagnosis cause they r sick of seeing you

mrs way to worried
06-04-12, 19:27
I see my doctor constantly about the same things he never thourghly checks me I gave him a whole list of my symptoms he didn't check any out just diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and put me on amitryptaline he has this week retired I think he just did this cause he didn't wanna deal with me , I'm convinced I have skin cancer or breast cancer if I list my symptoms could someone give me advice my skin cancer fears ar based on - a itchy mole on my shoulder blade doc said it was a bit hairy but looked ok and shoulder pain since august . My breast cancer fears are based on a painful breast sore to touch , rippling on my skin doc said its streach marks from kids :/ my armpit feels swollen , shoulder pain . All bloods r fine except low iorn (very low) please help me someone I feel if I do have one of these it may be to late other doctors won't even check me out as they say its fibro I'm 26 with 2 kids living in pain and fear x

LAURA48
06-04-12, 19:52
Hi - sorry to hear you are having a rough time - tbh I think the anxiety is causing all of these fears. From working at a surgery I do know that doctors hate patients going in with a list of things - a couple of things at the most as they only have 10 mins allocated for each patient. Also if there were any concerns re breasts, and skin cancer you would definitely have been referred for a mammogram and usually painful breasts are not a sign of breast cancer - usually the opposite - but am no expert.

As regards your mole - if they suspect anything here usually they take a biopsy - they know just what a "suspect" mole looks like.

You have had all of your bloods done - could you ask to speak to someone, eg, a counsellor - you sound as if you have health anxiety - lots of threads on this site about this condition.

Sorry I cannot put your mind at rest but do not think you have anything organically to worry about.

Try not to worry - amytriptiline is given for fibromylagia - this may even help to relax you a little.

miss sparkle
06-04-12, 20:49
hi, what symptoms do you have?x

mrs way to worried
06-04-12, 21:21
Breast pain , skin puckering , armpit feels full /swollen , shoulder pain . Itchy mole on shoulder blade , shoulder pain , my hair is thinning , I did have neck pain but now gone after wisdom removal , low iorn , constantly pale with bags under my eyes