PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/depression

martin-sheff
06-04-12, 19:53
hello first time on this site, wanting some help advice,basically ive suffered with anxiety for some yrs but only been on propranolol 10mg tablets for about a yr now,as ive had issues with DWP going from incap to esa benefit, main health problem was back problem,but my anxiety has got worse over the last 8mths to the stage were im on a downer all the time,tearful,dont want to go out,loss of interest in most things,having suicidle thoughts,ive mentioned this to my gp a few weeks back,but stated it was due to the issues im having with DWP,she increased the dosage of propranolol.but im struggling with things to the stage were ive had enough,i went onto nhs direct website and did some questionare and stated i might have some kind of depression,and discuss it with my gp.
(went to tribunal over esa and lost) so not in a good place at the moment) any help would be gratufully recieved.

martin-sheff
13-04-12, 08:17
update: i went to see gp and was put on citalopram 20 mg (1 per day)
and been refered to (IAPT)
has any one had any bad side affects to the citalopram ? and are they a good anti-depressant. thanks.

Pipkin
13-04-12, 08:53
Hi there,

There are loads of active threads here about taking citalopram for anxiety. It might be worth reading through them and joining in. I'm sure there will be people in a similar situation to you.

Take care

Pip x

martin-sheff
13-04-12, 10:20
Hi there,

There are loads of active threads here about taking citalopram for anxiety. It might be worth reading through them and joining in. I'm sure there will be people in a similar situation to you.

Take care

Pip x

thanks i will do.

Pipkin
13-04-12, 10:23
You're welcome and good luck. Enjoy the nice weather if you've got some and take your dogs out for a walk - they look like a handful!

Pip

grace17
15-04-12, 15:53
Hello SHeffield, good luck and hope you feel better soon. :). xxx

martin-sheff
17-04-12, 10:57
Hello SHeffield, good luck and hope you feel better soon. :). xxx
thanks

noworries
10-07-12, 11:11
Hey Sheffield, I too live in Sheffield and have been on citalopram in the past I am attending an IAPT appointment in an hour and I am slightly worried as to weather it will be practical or will make me upset, feel free to PM me Sheffield, It's good to see a local person with the same feelings, peace

shocker 17
10-07-12, 11:30
iam from sheffield too have bad gad and ocd iam on cit 30mg a day

Richard1960
10-07-12, 19:03
Hi
I am on Citalopram and apart from making me feel a little tired they are working fine,much better then the seroxat i took a few years back,my anxiety/Panic levels have returned to near normal,and the best bit is i have stopped using alcohol to self medicate.

But although Citalopram has worked for me others may be different.

Good luck to you though.

Richard.