PDA

View Full Version : Stutter/twitches due to nerves??

muntjac
06-04-12, 23:15
I had a very nervy half a year last year, my brother knew how to trigger my panic attacks and he played around with that. I could feel myself getting worn out, at the end of everything, finally I learnt how to cope and just smile at him, keep all my pain inside until he got bored. NOw! A few months later I've got these strange blinky twitches, eyebrow twitches, clicks...I click my fingers around the house and have a slight stutter on certain words! It's very strange to me, but so real. Could this be a cause of all that stretching of my nerves?

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

Mods, please move this If It's In an inappropriate subforum.

Em84
07-04-12, 10:09
Hi

I always get this funny thing with my eyes...usually one where it suddenly twitches for a min or so...I can feel it big time and I have asked people if my eyelid is moving...they can't see it....think it's just a normal thing. I got them years ago well before the anxiety started.

X

emmasaurus
07-04-12, 10:48
After struggling with severe panic since January of last year, I stutter/stumble over certain words, too - and I also experience the odd random twitch (it's usually my tongue). I discussed the problem with my GP, and although he says it's not necessarily a common problem, it could certainly have been brought on by stress. But you might want to talk to your own doctor about it?

Ayame
07-04-12, 23:32
Don't worry, it's not just you. I always twitch when I'm having a panic attack.