PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks on citalopram advice plz

Dizzydoll
07-04-12, 18:24
ive been on this medication now for 4 weeks and i find althought im abit better than i was im still having strange head sensations and panic of loosing control still. the annoying thing is what i was initially worried about has gone away and now im just worrying about how im physically feeling, how long until meds kick in fully? yesterday i felt great actually normal and didnt notice how i was feeling it was amazing and then today im crap head feels wierd n im on edge?? is it normal to be so up and down???

also since taking citalopram ive had long long strange dreams that seem to last all night so i feel im not sleeping for dreaming...will this ever end? x

Mick081081
07-04-12, 18:39
Hiya,

I'm 3 1/2 weeks into taking Cit I started on 10mg for 2 weeks then upto 20mg. I keep feeling ok for a few hours then back to feeling crappy. I reckon it's going to yo yo up and down for a bit till it levels in our system and gets to that magic therapeutic level.

As for the sleep issues it affects everyone differently but I struggled with sleeping till last week and when i did nod off had crazy dreams that were so real but it has calmed now and I'm getting back to sleeping normally.

I have little patience myself and just want to be back to normal but know its gonna take time so just gonna have to ride it out.

Hope it gets better soon and feel free to message me anytime. Stay positive and sure you'll pick up with time.

Mick.

Lion King
09-04-12, 16:29
Hi there,

This is my 2nd time around on cit, I am 4 1/2 weeks in andI am still waiting fir the medication to settle down. The edginess is very annoying and frustrating

the dream thing is really weird, I am exactly the same, I have long dreams and when I wake up I sometimes have to wonder whether some of it has actually happened they are that real!

Let the ride continue!

LK

Dizzydoll
09-04-12, 17:19
thanx for the replys peeps and hopefully we will all feel better soon! x