PDA

View Full Version : labyrinthitis-inner ear damage

dizzystill
07-04-12, 23:21
Hi I'm new to forum I haven't really looked around much yet,but thought I'd introduce myself first. I've been dizzy for almost 7 months now,after several test I now know I have complete balance loss in one ear.The inner ear is damaged & although it cannot be repaired my brain has to learn to compensate for the balance loss,this involves balance exercises everyday.Although I have improved alot I seem to have stopped compensating & the head/ear pressure makes the dizziness so much worse. I've been trying so very hard not to get depressed but as the days,weeks,months go by its very hard. I'm now worried the horrendous anxiety will return as a result, I really don't want to go there again!!!
Thanks for reading.

diane07
07-04-12, 23:23
Hi dizzystill

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Ayame
08-04-12, 00:13
Hi,
I am sorry to hear this. I've suffered from extreme dizziness myself and at one point in my life it lasted about 6 months. I was diagnosed with labs, too, and sent for tests but nothing was found to be wrong and my dizziness was chalked up to stress/anxiety.
I know how you feel, though, because I used to get horribly anxious due to the dizziness. I was always scared of passing out or something.

Also, welcome to the forum.

PanchoGoz
08-04-12, 00:36
Hi,
I was diagnosed with uncompensated labyrinthitis as a child...however I have read descriptions of the symptoms subsequently and now I don't think that's what I had/have. I hate feeling dizzy, it's horrid to have a feeling in your head that you can't control isn't it! I don't get drunk for that reason. I heard inner ear damage is susseptable to emotional balance too, so it's a difficult area :)
If your anxiety is caused by your balance problems, have you thought of maybe looking in to therapy or natural remedies to help you?
Take care.

dizzystill
08-04-12, 11:17
Thank you Ayame & PanchoGoz for your replies.Yes I think I must do something regarding the anxiety before it gets a grip again.

Thanks again.