PDA

View Full Version : To say hello

pendlehill
08-04-12, 12:42
To everyone, so glad to be here.
In a nutshell, 50 years old, retired on grounds of ill health in 2002, ischeamic heart disease, long term anxiety and depression. Now struggling with advancing arthritis, ostephytosis, facet joint degeneration in lumbar spine, obstructive airways disease, fybromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy, re occluded coronary arteries, bilateral nerve damage from cervical spondylosis. Have had several panic attacks, spent well over a year seeing a pshychologist, who said "neurotic anxiety, with some degree of OCD".
Take a huge range of medication, for what is an every growing list of health issues. Currently on 43 pills a day, but can increase to 50, if I need the super strength pain relief. Concentration is out of the window, which is no surprise with the side effects of my meds.
Rely on partner to care, watch over, assist etc as I am a liability and unsafe. Walk with two crutches, use a scooter if I have to walk more than about 30 yards.
Well, that has made me feel a whole lot better, not. I don't like to list things, but, that's the way it is.
Have had battles with the DWP over DLA and finally won, now, the powers that be, want to assess me for work capability. A year or so ago they gave me well over 15 points, I assume they think I am better now. Anyway, this has put me into a panic, eating away and worrying my silly (which I try not to show).

Thanks for listening. :hugs:
Pendlehill

diane07
08-04-12, 12:46
Hi pendlehill

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pendlehill
08-04-12, 12:47
Hi pendlehill

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Thank you Daine07, I look forward to making good friends and sharing advice and support.

MrRedShirt
08-04-12, 13:05
Hello pendlehill,

I'm newish here myself, I joined up on Monday.

I've found everyone here is very friendly and ready to offer advice and support. I'm sure you'll find the same thing.

:welcome:

pendlehill
08-04-12, 13:48
Hello pendlehill,

I'm newish here myself, I joined up on Monday.

I've found everyone here is very friendly and ready to offer advice and support. I'm sure you'll find the same thing.

:welcome:

Hi MrRedShirt
A welcome to you too.