PDA

View Full Version : Week 23 - update

taketwo
08-04-12, 21:14
I started taking 20mg fluoxetine in November. I couldn't go to work, couldn't go into shops, could barely eat and felt very low.

I've just come back from the Lakes and walked about 5 hours for 4 of the 7 days. I've felt fine and really enjoyed myself. I've been back at work for 3 months and coped with a redundancy threat.

At the darkest times I could not see how I would get better but I'm functioning and slowly regaining my confidence.

I know how tough the side effects can be but don't give up. There is light at the end if the tunnel.

Good luck to everyone and stay strong. You can beat this. x

MrRedShirt
08-04-12, 21:19
Hello taketwo,

Wow, thank you for posting this, and for me the timing is perfect. I'm in the start-up phase of some new meds and currently having a tough time.

Thank you again and I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you.

:)

Kendra
08-04-12, 21:50
Well done you!! You should be so proud of yourself!! This post gives me hope!! So pleased for you!!!

:yesyes:

taketwo
08-04-12, 22:06
I know how strengthen I was by the posts on here. Some days they were the only thing that gave me hope so I'm glad if I can bring a glimmer of hope to people going through a similar experience. It was 8 weeks before I could function anywhere near as normal but the last 3 months has flown by!

angel wings
08-04-12, 22:06
great news take two so pleased you have posted this gives us all hope !!!

Tufty
09-04-12, 22:58
Day 33 of Fluoxetine and it's starting to work:D, it's so good to hear other peoples experiences and to know that it will get better, sometimes when first starting the meds the side effects are horrible and it would of been easy to give up. I can now see the 'normal' me returning. Thanks for the encouraging post and thank goodness for Prozac :)

Kelley
10-04-12, 02:21
Thankyou so much for your post! Its day 15 for me and i have been so up and down with mostly the feeling of numbness and my OCD continues....i keep worrying that maybe it wont work but im not giving up. It helps so much to hear a story like this.

Thanks a million.

Kel x

neil1975
10-04-12, 09:07
Thanks TakeTwo,

It is great to hear that you are doing so well. I also really appreciate you taking the time to offer encouragement to the people who are in the early stages of taking the meds (like me). It really does help.

I am only on day 21 of 20 mg. Taking it for Panic/ Health Anxiety. It's the sleep deprivation that is torturing me at the moment. I think all us anxiety sufferer's feel they can cope better when they have a decent nights sleep. Hope this passes soon.

Thanks again,

Neil

LAURA48
10-04-12, 09:28
Hi Neil - this drug saved my life - literally - before I didn't go out, no job, no holidays - was on it for 15 years and brilliant. My advice is stay on it.

Had a bereavement in Oct and stopped working and trying to find one of the same! but overall it served me very well and cannot complain.

Very encouraging post as I remember only too well the start up effects were horrendous so glad I stayed on it.

So pleased you are feeling better - lovely feeling to feel "normal" isn't it?

Good luck

Laura

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

The sleep will follow - still early days - I did not feel my old self until 12 weeks when I learned to drive!! So that will pass trust me. Prozac is very stimulating at first.

neil1975
10-04-12, 09:44
Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear about your bereavement. I hope you have found a medication that is helping you now.

I will stick with it.

Just want to get some normality back in my life too. I tried to resist medication for some time but realized I need it as I wasn't coping on my own.

Hope you're better soon too.

Neil

Pezky
11-04-12, 10:25
Hi Everyone

What a wonderfully positive thread :) Thanks to you all.

I'm on day 16 of Fluoxetine for depression and some of the side effects have been awful.....most notably, a sort of fluttering in my chest, that prior to finding this forum nearly had me giving up, made me feel panicky and of course always worse when you're lying there trying to get some sleep, insomnia is an issue too.

You guys are helping me so much and making me realise, that what I'm going through is normal and the side effects will get better.

Good luck to everybody :)