PDA

View Full Version : Ok here goes my story

Sham786
08-04-12, 22:32
I'm a 21 year old male..

Fit & healthy

Just over 2 weeks ago I had an incident at work which I thought & still think it was a heart attack :/

Prior to this I train 4 times a week but when this happened I wasn't in the gym for over a month because of my work shifts so I know it has got nothing to do with my pre workout supplements...

Well I was sitting at work...from 8am I was getting on and off pain left side of my chest...like a stab then went away...at 11.20am (I remember the exact time :(....) out of he blue I just felt pressure in my stomach and within seconds I could feel that pressure traveling up to my throat..I was gasping for air...heart was beating so fast...I thought I was going to die...

Just about managed to call ambulance..everything came back fine

Went hospital and got 3 ecgs on the same week and came back fine

Doctor said I got a panic disorder and gave me shitty atarax tablets...

Getting a 24 hour ECG

Had tightness in chest for 2 weeks and it's now gone

Get palpitation here and there...I seriously think my days are limited :(

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

And I'm also planning on going back to the gym tomorrow..I has been cardio work out at home and I feel fine

Would I be ok taking my pre workout supplement before gym?

xvolatileheart
09-04-12, 01:03
I know how scary that feeling is. I worry about my heart 24/7 since I've started having panic attacks. Like you, I'm very reluctant to accept the diagnosis because I'm still so worried that it's something more seriously wrong with my heart.

My personal opinion is, have everything checked out by the doctors and try to move on with life normally! The worst thing you can do is let the fear of it mess up your life. Be sure to ask your GP about the workouts and the supplements.