PDA

View Full Version : heart attack!?

Em.ma
08-04-12, 22:38
every few weeks i get this thing were i feel a baloon like feeling in my chest and i cant breathe for a few seconds (so hard to explain). its like air being sucked in
another way to describe it is chest contracts and i physically can not breathe at all.
i get this for a few seconds every few weeks :( so it cant be anxiety as it would be there more.
It feels like air is there and being pushed in.
i cant explain it but it feels so serious.
its like air cant be sucked in when it happens.
happens once every so often out the blue so how can it be anxiety?
its serious. it is not an anxiety symptom i know that as its different from what i suffer with when anxious.
its also in throat sometimes when it happens.

i got into bed one night and it happened. i gasp and and go omg when it happens.
i feel like throat is trapped with air now.

nomorepanic
08-04-12, 22:47
Emma - think is this really a heart attack every few weeks?

Em.ma
08-04-12, 22:47
I feel like its an indication that I could have one x

nomorepanic
08-04-12, 22:50
You don't get an indication you are going to have one

Em.ma
08-04-12, 22:53
Ok :)
damn I really wish I was at work tommorow so I had something to do- i love being their as mad as it sounds- biggest distraction and people to talk to about other things.
Painting and decorating my room next weekend for something to do

Helen1985
09-04-12, 13:12
Hello Emma, I get weird chest sensations alot, sometimes also like someones closing my windpipe its horrid and the crushing feeling in your chest have been getting it for months and im still here... My partner always says im having the worlds longest heart attack haha. Im sure all is fine sweety just try to ignore it xxxx

Em.ma
23-06-12, 21:28
hello
worried about this again didnt want to post new thread
helen thats aniety what i get is very different from that x
today had it once for a few seconds
chest went funny and i went "huh"
its hard to explain
i could not bretahe threw it
once occasionly out the blue it happens so dont get how its anxiety

xBettyBoopx
23-06-12, 22:33
Hi Emma

I could be wrong but it sounds like your lungs are already hyper-inflated. Don't panic!! It only means that tension has caused you to breathe in too much air and you can't let it all out, so when you go to breathe in again, you can't breathe in as much as there is still loads of air in your lungs already. Does that make sense?

It's also possible that you have an allergy of some kind, which is maybe why you have this problem now and again.

Put your mind at rest by going to the docs.

Els