PDA

View Full Version : Wedding on Saturday - nerves looming

JEdge
02-07-06, 10:37
Hi - has anyone any last minute advise pleaseee - I am getting married on Saturday and my demons have started to eat away about the social anxiety - some say have a drink beforehand. I do want to enjoy the day but I shake and wobble, feel sick at social things.
Any help would be wonderful
Jo x

Piglet
02-07-06, 12:09
Well first of all I think congratulations are in order.

How lovely and also how exciting (dont' forget excitement can feel a bit like anxiety but this is a positive emotion so dont confuse the two).

I think on the day you will be just gorgeous and just fine - its always the build up to events that us lot arent good with and its never the scary ordeal we think its gonna be.

You focus on that groom of yours, you can cling to him if you want, as thats what you're supposed to be doing anyway :D:D:D:D

You have a lovely day and remember its a fun day that you want to be at :D:D:D

All the best from all of here on NMP.

Love Piglet xxxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
02-07-06, 12:20
Hi Jo

Best wishes for your wedding.

It is true that excitement and anxiety causes the same physical feelings and I doubt there is anyone who has got married who hasn't felt nervous beforehand. The build up is often the hardest bit and the day will go so quickly when it arrives that you probably won't even have time to think about it.

I wouldn't really advise using alchohol. Have you considered rescue remedy?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

polly daydream
02-07-06, 12:59
I agree with Piglet and Karen, just be positive and have a wonderful day, you deserve it.

Let us know how it went.

Best wishes,

Polly

chucklehound
02-07-06, 14:28
Hi CONGRATULATIONS ON YOU MARRIAGE.
I got married and went on my honeymoon while I was agoraphobic. I felt very nervous in the church and at the reception but didn't panic. The pastor of the church who married us was very understanfing and let me sit down throughout the service.

I had a great honeymoon and the agoraphobia was non existant until I got back home.

I hope you have a wonderful day:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

JEdge
19-07-06, 11:12
Hello
Just to let everyone know who replied to my wedding topic - I DID IT and I actually loved it which was a complete contrast to right up to the time.
How true that nerves take over but rarely do they do any damage.

Thanks so much again all - you're all inspiring
x

carlin
19-07-06, 14:42
Hi there Mrs.......well done and congratulations to you both, may you have a long and happy marriage! xxxxx