PDA

View Full Version : fever question

swgrl09
09-04-12, 13:22
Is it normal when you have a fever to have all of your skin be blotchy and red? I woke up this way this morning, this is my third day of a fever, have had swollen glands a week. Am on day 3 of my 5 day antibiotic.

Ingenious
09-04-12, 15:32
It's possible but it might also be your antibiotic causing this. They can cause some side effects, have a look at the patient leaflet with them to see, or speak to your doctor. Sometimes this is just a side effect and nothing to worry about, sometimes it is listed as something that if it happens, you need to see your doctor again just to get it checked out.

swgrl09
09-04-12, 19:51
leaflet says "mild rash" is a side effect, but a more severe rash should see a doc. What is the difference?? I have just like a pink blotchiness ... no itching, burning, etc. Started when I was sweating during the fever this morning.

Any thoughts on how long this should last? When can I expect the fever to pass?

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Just FYI it's been around 99.5 F

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

ugh I feel just so crappy. I thought my fever broke earlier but it came back. Every time it spikes my skin gets more red, so it must be related to the fever. It wasn't affected by benedryl, and I take zyrtec daily already so I'm chock full of antihistamines if it was an allergy. I've had this antibiotic before anyway with no problems.

body aches, fatigue, etc. Final exams are coming up soon so I have a lot to do but no energy :(