PDA

View Full Version : right side under rib discomfort and back/shoulder ache

miss sparkle
09-04-12, 17:08
hi all.
just wondered anyone else suffered from these pains, not dead painful but pretty constant.
i have done the un unthinkable and Googled and of course it points to liver problems!
arraghhh!

Amysunshine
09-04-12, 19:05
could be down to your posture. Im continuously poking my ribs about because they ache from the way i sit. I have alot of back pain also, it could just be one of those things. If you had liver problems there would be clearer signs and im sure the pain would be very severe. if it is unusual for you and hasnt gone away in a few days then maybe you should look in to it with the docs for peace of mind x

emeraldgirl
09-04-12, 19:05
have the right side under rib discomfort and have been to doc about it on several occasions. He told me the most likely explanation was irritable bowel and he didn't think it was anything serious. I do find it hard to believe him though. I have had this for over a year now and it comes and goes and doesn't get any worse.

miss sparkle
09-04-12, 19:35
thanks for your replys. my back and shoulder pain is something i tend to suffer with bit anyway, but this rib thing is new, had it for about a week now.
i almost want to bury my head in the sand and not go doctors, as i am convinced that they will either dismiss me without investigating, or worst still take me seriously!
i am seriously so fed up of having something wrong, it would just be easier to give up!

Worrychick
09-04-12, 21:26
I've has this for months now and convinced myself it was my liver or gallbladder. Had blood tests and all okay but still getting the pain from when I get up to around mid afternoon. I also feel quite sick most of the day. My doctor thinks its anxiety and have started CBT but of course I'm convinced its some underlying illness. :wacko:

miss sparkle
09-04-12, 21:57
i had blood tests in Jan and nothing came up, but obviously not sure if it would pick anything bad up.
what does your ache feel like? is it constant or does it come and go!
a year ago i had a bad back and i just put some fear heat on and forgot about it, now i work myself into a complete frenzy, i hate it!