PDA

View Full Version : shooting pains

10Asda
09-04-12, 17:40
I have had a bad cold lately..and slightly chesty..with bit of phlegm..no shortness of breath..last couple of days ive had slight shooting pains middle of top of back..is this to do with infection ive had an still got abit..they not painful..i just worried it something sinister..like u do when anxious..please help

kittikat
09-04-12, 20:41
Hey hun....my mum had a chest infection (lasted about 4 weeks) lots of different antibiotics, even sent her for chest X-rays and CAT scan.....exact same symptoms as you. Don't worry, I'm sure it's just the infection....get youreslf some anti-b's (if you haven't already) and let it run it's course. I hope you don't get too anxious and worried...you don't want to be where you were before, you been doing so well hun. Stay positive :) I'm here anytime....

Sending big :hugs: thinking of you xxx Take care, J xxxx

paula lynne
09-04-12, 20:47
Hiya, it could be your intercostal muscles.....when we cough a lot because of colds etc, our muscles between our individual ribs can get very sore, and as these are all connected, you can sometimes experience pain in other areas. Get some rest and look after yourself. xxx
ps...agree with kittikat, if you are coughing up phelgm, especially if its coloured, you may want to think about seeing your GP x