PDA

View Full Version : Please advise, soooo frustrated

TJSMITH
09-04-12, 18:55
I am new to all this and so many questions so sorry.
Debating upping my dose but confused as to wether the issues i have will be helped by increase.
I cant stop negative thinking i go through the day now rather than felling trapped in a hole its more like a cloud still hanging around which creates me thinking when will i be able to be myself again, will i ever get better blah blah.
i have been on Citlopram 20mg for over 5 weeks now and yes it got me out of that hole and funtioning, would a bit more put me in a better place?? i struggle everyday to keep smiling (although i can now lol)
Please please advise. I am going to egypt in 5 weeks for my 10th anniversary not even looking forward to that which really upsets me.

morning_blues
09-04-12, 21:34
Hi there, sorry to hear you are still struggling. 5 weeks is still quite early days, and I found that although citalopram got me back on my feet and functioning, I didn't really start to feel better until about 2 months in, and after 3 months was feeling much more like my old self. I remember that earlier on I got really frustrated that I didn't feel better than I did and wondered if an increase in dose would help. My counsellor persuaded me to hang in there and give it time - I guess it's better to give 20mg a chance before rushing to up the dose. Recovery seems to be quite a gradual process and each week seems to be slightly easier than the last (with some ups and downs of course!). Are you having any other treatment such as CBT/counselling at the same time? I found it really helped. I think maybe 5 weeks is quite early to be thinking about your dose - if you can hang in there until the 8 week mark perhaps you can review it then and talk it through with your GP?
Good luck and hope you feel better soon .

Elen
09-04-12, 21:38
Hi TJ

Sounds like you have the worst symptom that we suffer from "impatience".

As Morning Blues says it is still early days.

It is great that you are out of the hole and functioning, just keep taking it a step at the time and dont be too impatient with yourself.

tc

Elen

TJSMITH
09-04-12, 22:22
thanks guys
i have started cbt yes as hoping one day to be me again enough to come of meds finding it hard to keep positive but advice really helps

Elen
09-04-12, 22:41
TJ 5 weeks in you are doing better than I was 5 months in.

Dont diminish what you have achieved already and the future is bright for you.

Well done and keep going.

Elen xxx

TJSMITH
12-04-12, 19:03
thanks elen
i am very up and down but the ups are still not the normal me just better than the dark black days lol...i am impatient but most of all petrified of never enoying things again all not helped by dizzyness i have had for three months got mri for that. morning blues good to hear you improved, elen how you getting on