PDA

View Full Version : don't think i've ever felt this bad before

swgrl09
10-04-12, 11:30
Day 4 of fever, day 7 of swollen glands. Every joint in my body aches! Today will be my 4th day of antibiotics out of 5 days. I just feel worse.

How long do I give this? I would think it was the flu but I had the flu shot.

Hypo
10-04-12, 11:55
The flu shots only protect against certain strains so you can still get the flu.

I would wait until you have finished your antibiotics and perhaps give the doctor a call if you aren't feeling any better. Remember that these illnesses can take a while to go.

You don't need to worry though.

swgrl09
10-04-12, 19:26
Thanks, that does help reassure me a bit. I guess if it's viral there isn't much that I can do about it. I felt a little better this morning fever-wise, but now its about 2:30 PM and it's coming back. Also the muscle aches are awful. I feel like I am being pinched all over my body. I've never had this like this before. Is that normal?

robin321
10-04-12, 20:20
Muscle aches are very normal. It is just your system fighting the virus, flu, or whatever. It is a good thing. The flu, or any bad virus can take at least a week to go away (meaning fever) and you can feel worse for longer than that. The swollen glands may take another month after to return to normal, as they are slow to drain.