PDA

View Full Version : citalopram ... side effects

Glyn2190
10-04-12, 14:12
Hi everyone ... i have been on citalopram for about 7 weeks now and i cant honestly say whether i feel any better. I am still feeling quite anxious and keep getting slight rushes to my head that make me feel a little dizzy ? i am also quite shakey and am having regular heart palpatations my palms of my hand keep sweating also is this natural ? i also cant seem to concentrate very well.:lac:

diane07
10-04-12, 14:13
Hi Glyn2190

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

miniminx
10-04-12, 16:44
its a right pain in the bum isnt it glyn?:) not knowing if the pills are working or not.

Pipkin
10-04-12, 17:22
Hi Glyn and :welcome:

These are all pretty common side effects when starting anti-depressants but they should have calmed down after 7 weeks. Have you been back to your GP? It should be time for a review and it may be that these meds just aren't for you. There are other options.

Take care

Pip x

StupidBrain
10-04-12, 18:58
Hi Glyn,

I've just come off escitalopram -- similar drug but with slightly different properties. I used to get pretty bad hand sweats for a while after starting but it does eventually settle down!