PDA

View Full Version : I can't cope.

owl
10-04-12, 16:42
Hi, I am 21. I have a 19 month old little girl and I am no longer with her father.
I am dating a really nice guy, we've been together a littl over a month. Before dating him I was in a abusive relationship which got to the worst point in February when I self harmed and ended up in hospital.

My boyfriend is going on holiday at 2am and he has left now to go home to prepare, I am incredibly reliant and dependant on him. He is going for a week. I can't cope. I dunno what to do, I can't stop crying I just want him here.

paula lynne
10-04-12, 17:03
Aw bless you hun x
Its hard with a little one too isnt it?

Do you have family and friends you can see while hes away? How about planning some little trips to the park, or a picnic, or mum and toddler group with your baby? Keeping busy is the key. No point being totally miserable the whole time hes away, why not use this time to reconnect with a mate? Catch up on those boring household chores, or plan a night out and get a babysitter?

He will be back before you know it, and they do say absence makes the heart grow fonder.....you will cope, you will be ok. Cry if you need to,let it all out..... then tomorrow make a list of something youd like to do everyday til he comes home.

Often, we dont realise how much we can do for ourselves until we are in a position where we have no other choice.

Chin up, enjoy your little one, and keep busy x
Paula x (ps........welcome to NMP!) x

owl
10-04-12, 17:13
Thankyou for your reply Paula.

Yep, it's so much harder with the little one, but I would be nothing without her. I haven't got many close friend and my family are working.

My anxiety stops me going to any toddler groups and most days I am house bound.

I am crying just thinking about it, I miss him already.I told him how low I felt but he went out for a meal with his family. I dunno what to do :(

paula lynne
10-04-12, 17:20
Im housebound at times to due to agoraphobia and panic, and it started when when my son was 4 monthes old, so I know how you feel.

Ok, so you could ask a mate over for a few hours, in the week?
How about making a little book with your daughter, stick some glitter in it, do some cutting out, paint.........it would be a nice thing to give your fella when he comes back.

Get on the floor and play with her, put some music on and dance about.....if you have a garden how about having a little picnic at home? How about making some cupcakes together, have fun making a mess in the kitchen. You could take some photos and send them to him.

I know its hard but try this one thing this week, a little goal if you like........take her to the park. Even if its only for 10 minutes. You will be SO happy you did, and the fresh air will do you good.

I remember my hubby going to Glastonbury, it was a LONG 4 days for me, but I surprised myself by doing more things for myself, WHILE missing him. Keep busy Owl x

owl
12-04-12, 19:30
Well, I'm a couple days in and I am going ok.
Yesterday I took my little girl to her dads, her mum made me feel prettu rubbish but I did my best to ignore it. I then went doctors and decided to get the bus to town (was a big step for me, I was really peased with myself.)

I then came home and did some scraft bits. My boyfriend text me off his dad's phone this morning! First contact since Tuesday night! Said all was fine, no wifi and he is burnt already :')

Now I'm a little uneasy, his brother updated his Facebook with a few photos of the hotel etc. I would of thought if he can go on the internet my bf could? I was going to text him about it, but decided to elave it be as I am being paranoid.