PDA

View Full Version : lorazepam

xoxbabygalxox
02-07-06, 18:28
hello all !
i have jus been prescibed lorazepam by my doctor as he felt these would work more then diazepam! he has told me 2 take a 1mg tablet in the morning and then again at night!
has any1 who has been on these tablets b4 got any info on them! r they diffrent to diazapam in ne way? will i feel the same?
thanks xxxx

Sootica
20-11-11, 14:00
Hello. I am on Lorazepam as diazepam did not seem to do much for me, lorazepam is slightly stronger and it metabolises in the body quicker - so doesn't stay around for as long in the system as diazepam, so far as I am aware... I found it a big help in the absence of any available therapy and before I found clomipramine works really well for me. I am now trying to taper off lorazepam after about a year of use at a low dose - my highest was about 2mg a day, then 1.5 for months, now on 1mg daily, it's highly addictive to most users so although is a brilliant tool, and has it's place, it is best not to stay on it for as long as I did unless totally necessary ^_^ hope this offers some ideas and hope you feel better soon,
love sooty:)

nicola1980
20-11-11, 14:48
Hi as far as im aware 1mg of lorazepam is equivalent to either 5 or 10mg of diazepam (cant remember off hand without looking) its not got as long a life as diaz, ive used the odd 1 before and found them effective x x

Carys
20-11-11, 15:18
How long is your doctor telling you to take this dosage for ? Lorazepam should be a very 'short term' use medication, as it is indeed highly addictive. I've not used it for years, but was only allowed to take 1mg once or twice a day for max. of a week.