PDA

View Full Version : blood after a flare up

PinkRoxy
11-04-12, 04:48
Does anyone know if its normal to have some blood in your poo after a painful IBS flare up.

Such as I notice only a couple of times I think what looks like some blood in my poo.

Been tested through samples by my doctor twice end of last year and last month and found no occult blood found.

I should be happy with the result they gave me as no blood found aye?

I just keep thinking about it and I dont want to go back to my GP all the time moaning and complaining about it because I just cant let it go.

nomorepanic
11-04-12, 12:32
Is the blood actually in the poo or in the toilet bowl after a bowel movement?

Is it bright red or dark red?

Are you sure it isn't undigested food?

PinkRoxy
12-04-12, 02:49
I was actually thinking it was indigestive food but when I ask my gp if that is the case she always wants to do samples on me and makes out itsa serious thing and it kind of freaks me out a little.

But I was thinking it could be and yes its bright red and in my poo.

But one of the nurses said it could be an affect from a painful flare up and then I hear from sources that with IBS you should NOT have blood in your poo.

All the samples came back negative which they found no traces of bleeding, so I am relieved with that idea but still want to be 100% convinced as I believe things like this should be investigated further for safety reasons.

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Another thing its not there all the time and not everytime I have a flare up either I only noticed it a few times and twice told the doctor about it.