PDA

View Full Version : This is the 3rd cold I have had since xmas

hartleysjam
11-04-12, 12:15
Should I be worried? I suffer pretty badly with insomnia I don't know If I'm just run down, but its doing my head in!!

Cat80
11-04-12, 12:48
I am on my second heavy cold in 3 weeks. Nose streaming, blocked, sore throat and now gone to my chest so I have a cough and a tickle in my throat making me heave.

I've had bloods recently which were all normal. I think with health anxiety and not sleeping well just leaves us run down so more open to colds etc. I've just bought some high strength vitamin C to try and help my immune system

JaneC
11-04-12, 12:53
I've gone two winters with a cold or flu or anything after starting to take selenium, which is supposed to boost the immune system. I stopped taking it for the summer last year and got a bad cold. This year I;m just going to keep on taking it.

Jacsta
11-04-12, 12:58
Anxiety can weaken your immune system and therefore make you more suceptable. I was ill with bugs and chest infections from september to febuary, doctors did tests on my immune system and it was fine.
Rest up, be kind to yourself and youll get there :)

hartleysjam
11-04-12, 13:00
Thank you :) it's ironic isn't it suffer with Health anxiety & insomnia and then you get ill and tired (but can't sleep!) darn stoopid thing!

Magic
11-04-12, 13:52
Hi there,
just to say that I went to see GP in Dec with a bad cough and cold (already had the flu jab in oct) he said it was a virus and there was nothing he coud give me.
Time went by and nothing went better , just got worse--- so I went bck to GPs cos I was coughin all night that was in March. Saw a different gp and was given, penicillin and another tablet cos I could not cough rubbish up. I am fine now,as regards the cough and cold ---but my anxiety lingers on:shrug: ahh well