PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 on Citalopram

Freud_the_rascal
11-04-12, 15:04
Hey all!

Edit: age 25, 20mg dose and i take it in the mornings

I've been on Citalopram for about 3 weeks now and it's going well. I'm on it for my anxiety and depression. My anxiety is fairly bad and the constant up and down of my mood was getting almost unbearable. The anxiety's been present for so long i just kind of learnt to put up with it. The constant up and down of my mood has always been present too, but i just put that down to being really passionate about things, very emotional and easily affected by things. I got into a new relationship around December with a girl i'd known since college (about 5 years) i went to uni with her and always liked her (turned out she's always liked me =] ). We'd always talked on and off for years and we always tried to go for a drink with one another but something would always come up, either i'd cancel or we'd just be too busy. Then i got her to come out for my bday and we hit it off in a really big way. It was around about this time my anxiety went from bad to almost unbearable. It hadn't been this bad in years. It started to ease but would come back with a passion. At the same time my depression started flaring up too. I'd be overwhelmed with happiness, i'd actually compare it to being on drugs it was that overwhelming, then the crash would come, that was one almighty comedown. This went on for a few months and my issues and problems started to cause me to argue with my new girlfriend. I've not connected with someone this strongly for years and i decided to finally go to doctors and talk to her about anti depressants. I've seen a counsellor and a psychologist over the years to help with my problems, but always gave up on them and convinced myself i was strong enough to deal with things on my own. So, after realising that my problems could perhaps ruin my new relationship with someone i've wanted to be with for a very long time, i asked for help. Now, i've heard so much about anti depressants and i've always been scared that they'd change me, change my personality. I was wrong, they've really helped. The anxiety hasn't gone but it's not as bad and i haven't felt down for weeks. I don't get the overwhelming happiness which makes me go loopy, well, i still get the feeling for about a second and then it levels out. I don't crash anymore and feel super down, which is unbelievable! this makes me very happy. I've not argued in weeks and things have gone from very good in my relationship to absolutely amazing! i'm generally a nicer person right now and things that used to really bother me don't seem to anymore. I feel like the cheeky, happy lad that everyone used to love is slowly coming back. The worrying as well, i used to worry so much, about everything! where i'd be next month, how i'd be feeling, what i would be thinking! and now, the worrying isn't as bad, i feel like that's become less and less as time goes on.

I had some side effects: headaches (still get them here and there) sexual dysfunction (more on this after i list the side effects) tiredness (thank god! before i was a complete insomniac) lazyitis (i was bad before, but now! jesus lol) forgetfulness (what was i talking about), increased appetite. There are more i think, but i can't remember, no honestly lol.

Right, the sexual dysfunction!

So first night of taking Citalopram i couldn't 'get there' in fact i gave up because i was losing interest. The next night my girlfriend came round and BHAM! very intense orgasm. Saturday and Sunday nothing lol (me and my girlfriend see e.other Saturday and Sunday and have a date night on Wednesdays where we just go out for dinner, coffee, chat and then each go back home to our separate houses. That week i just wasn't interested in doing anything to myself really. Wednesday night when i got in i had a go and was just about to orgasm and didn't, no orgasm, but i had ejaculated, what a let down. After a couple of weeks though i was back to normal. In fact my sexual desire is now even worse than before, the orgasms are way more intense and my erections are very strong. I do take Ginko Biloba and vitamins, i have done for years, i don't know if this will affect things. I'm also very into my fitness; run, cycle, weights and i used to do muay thai for over two years before i stopped due to injury.

So that's my story folks. If you've managed to read it all, kudos. I'm on here on and off when i remember to check it. I've only just signed up, but i've been reading posts for the past few weeks when the tablets were kicking in and i went through that early weird phase of adjusting lol.

Thanks for reading. Freud