PDA

View Full Version : How to stop the shaking ??

juliej
11-04-12, 16:24
Hello ,

I've been better the last 6 months and finally after 20 years of suffering with panic attacks have finally realised they are not going to harm me !! :winks: I even managed a flight to spain ( first time in 18 years) with no panic :yesyes: rescue remedy and the ds was a godsend.

But now I'm faced with my nemesis ( husband away in Nyk for 10 nights) He went on Sunday and Ive been fine in the day but as soon as night falls the old habits come flooding back. Im trying to use distraction, rescue remedy and breathing techniques but I can't stop the shaking :mad: Has anyone got any ideas on how to stop this horrible adrenaline. Im so tired and the more tired i get the worse the symptoms seem to be .

thanks
Jules xx

Michael45
11-04-12, 17:57
It appears you are using all your tools to deal with our nemesis. All I can maybe suggest is until your husband gets home.. maybe go to bed earlier then usual since anxiety is worse when you are tired. Also like I always suggest to myself when I think I might be on my way to an attack.... some relaxing music.... It doesn't always work but it has worked. I hope this helps even just a little. All the best, Michael45.

Pipkin
11-04-12, 18:07
Hi Jules,

I agree with Michael, I think you're doing all the right things. For me, the shakes are the hardest thing to beat. When all else fails, I take beta blockers but they're not for everyone and I always try to get myself to relax first.

Try to enjoy some of the time on your own by doing things that you want to do. Read a book or watch some tv that you maybe don't watch when your husband's around. The time will soon pass.

Take care

Pip x

juliej
12-04-12, 09:29
Thank you Pip and Michael :hugs: I did go to bed earlier and just used my little bottle of rescue remedy and the shakes did subside . Im going to listen to some music tonight and see if that helps before i drift off . Pip yes I need to think of the good things whilst dear hubby is away like no snoring and not having him taking up all the room in the bed :winks:

jules xx

Pipkin
12-04-12, 09:35
Jules,

Pleased you had a better night. One day closer to the snoring and bed hogging!

Pip x