PDA

View Full Version : feet swollen! help

whatisitnow
03-07-06, 00:16
Hi
Can someone tell me why feet swell up?? ive never had that before not even when i was pregnant! what causes it? I thought my feet felt weir, just went to go to bed and noticed it! Their all puffy. How do i get rid of it? its been hot today could that be it? ive been in most the day though?

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

whatisitnow
03-07-06, 00:28
Doesnt anyone know if its something i should worry about? Im scared to go to bed at the moment. Its possibly nothing serious? But if you've never had something happen before its scary. Im not overweight & im 35. I thought people got it when they were heavily pregnant.

chucklehound
03-07-06, 00:49
Hi, It could be the hot weather, do they look at all blue or purple?

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

whatisitnow
03-07-06, 00:54
No just a bit swollen. Its madness isnt it to panic over that! Just spoke to my mum and she said loads of people are getting it at the moment its fluid retention because of the heat, and the fact ive been sat at this pc for hours plus an hour stood at the ironing board.
I said to her i was panicking thinking it meant there was something wrong with my heart! Crazy isnt it, its because i thought it was only pregnant people that got it. She said her fingers swell in the heat & thats the same thing.
Rekons i should go to the docs tomorrow and he will give me water retention tablets?

chucklehound
03-07-06, 00:59
I agree with your mum, my fingers swell in the heat, I have to take my rings off. If its not got any better by tomorrow then maybe a trip to the Drs would set your mind at rest.
Try not to worry in the meantime.
Hope its all better in the morning for you

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

whatisitnow
03-07-06, 01:01
Thank you. Gonna go to bed, as long as im not gonna have anyting nasty happen i will be fine. I hate getting things for the first time. This damn anxiety, others would think oh well, i will get that checked out tomorrow but not me, i go right off on a tangent[:I]
Thank you for replying.
Caz xxxxxxxxxx

chucklehound
03-07-06, 01:03
No probs, yeah just try to relax and go to bed. Don't worry you will be fine hun:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

chucklehound
03-07-06, 05:40
Hope you are feeling better now:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Forrest
03-07-06, 06:13
i have a few family members that do that it do to hot weather they call it edema its nothing to worry about!!!it just happens out of the blue

giddy
03-07-06, 07:15
Hi - I was reading a mag yesterday and it was suggesting that in summer you should buy shoes at the end of a day as your feet swell with the heat, so I guess its pretty common. My fingers swell and my rings get tight.
Love Helen

whatisitnow
03-07-06, 07:22
Thank you all. Im not too sure why i panicked about that last night now, i think it was the time of night, and seeing fat feet for the first time. but they are better today, still a little swollen but better than last night. Sisters just txt saying hers swell everyday at work in the summer and its a pain but nothing to worry about.
I will have to get used to it i guess, it might just be my thing to get now too lol
Thanks again folks.
Caz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chucklehound
03-07-06, 07:36
Hi Caz, so glad you are better, hope the swelling begins to settle soon

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Sue K with 5
03-07-06, 09:11
Hi ya

Glad to see the swelling and the panic reduced. I just struggled to get my rings off and i have very small hands and thanks chucks i am glad to see others have the same problem with the heat.

Its even bloody hotter today

Sue with 5

scknight

anxious
03-07-06, 09:21
Hi Caz,

ii've got the same problem but as my mum has suffered with swollen feet with the heat for as long as i can remember it tends not to bother me.
I aslo noticed my rings were tight last night. My anxiety has also gone sky high in this heat!!
anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

nomorepanic
03-07-06, 09:22
Try drinking more water as it could be water retention due to this heat.

Nicola

chedda
03-07-06, 09:27
Hia i get this a lot and it is water retention:D.Best thing to do is drink plenty (i know that sounds daft when your having problems with fluid)and if your sittting put your feet up so that the fluid isnt sitting down by your ankles and feet.Glad they arnt as bad today
take care cheryl xx

Piglet
03-07-06, 10:20
I agree with everyone else - I was just saying yesterday how fat and puffy I was feeling. I used to get it premenstrually too. Big fat fingers like a bunch of sausages!!!!!:D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

whatisitnow
03-07-06, 14:31
Thank you so much all of you. I dont know why i panicked like that last night. I think it was partly the time of night i suddenly noticed it & the fact ive never had it before not even when pregnant. But its been good to read the replies (not good for you lot obviously!) but you know what i mean.
They are a lot better today & i spent half hour with my feet up earlier & they felt loads better. They arent as swollen as last night today so i shall do what you said, drink loads of water and hope they dont swell up like last night, i wondered about the drinking loads of water thing, So im glad people have mentioned that.
Your all brill.
Caz xxxxxxxxxxxxx[:X]