PDA

View Full Version : how to deal with the aches and pains of anxiety

angel wings
11-04-12, 18:25
hi

Just wanted a bit of advice tips or anyone who has the same,

have been getting chest pains and aches all down my legs for a while now i seem to get one or the other my legs feel like ive just run a marathon and are so painful like a burning sensation i have tried pain killers but they don't seem to work,

any suggestions ????

br19893
11-04-12, 20:50
Hi there, I have to say although I am aware that anxiety can have many physical effects on the body are you absolutely certain that you aren't getting them for a different reason? Maybe you should give your gp a visit when you have time, just to be sure?
In the meantime why not try a warm bath to soothe the muscles. Also if you don't already, doing regular exercise is the answer to many problems :) even just doing a few squats or stretches may help.
Take care x

vicky23
12-04-12, 23:44
I feel a lot of tension in my shoulders which I find eases greatly with warmth. Not sure if that would have the same effect for chest and legs tho.
What about treating yourself to a massage? or active muscle relaxation cd's? I must admit I haven't had a LOT of improvement with the cd's but worth a try definitley