PDA

View Full Version : The Fear.....

Kendra
11-04-12, 18:40
Ello everyone,

Just a quick question........

Right been on 10mg of cit for 6 weeks now. Bad blip week last week but feeling canny this week so far (dont like to say that temping fate!!)

Anyway even though I have been feeling canny I still have loads of fear left in me.

For example I have my places that I am comfortable with i.e local shopping centre, asda, a few other places. Its really as if because I haven't really done much for so long I have the fear of going somewhere or doing something incase I have a panic attack/anxiety attack!!

It just dawned on me today as I was walking round my local shopping centre that I talk myself into fearing something even though I am feeling ok and most likely could do it but I am frightened of what if I feel funny or what if I end up with a set back because I have felt funny,

Does anyone else feel like this?

Also have you any tips on handlling it?? (hope it makes sense what I am saying)

Kendra xx

angel wings
11-04-12, 18:58
yes i have that too Kendra expecially when i have been feeling better i go out im fine then i start thinking the what if and fear starts to kick in wish i could turn of that part of my brain that makes me think that way xxx

miniminx
11-04-12, 19:35
AND ME!!!:ohmy:

nicola1980
11-04-12, 20:02
Im exactly the same and the fear that panic and anxiety brings is terrifying and soul destroying, im petrified of going out places and having a panic attack and cant plan to do anything cause i never know how im going to feel, im now a shadow of my former self and that saddens and scares me :-( x x

Kendra
11-04-12, 20:09
Cant understand why when your feeling ok that your brain is telling you that you might have a panic attack so your better off not doing it???? Have been going over it in my head all afternoon. Is it part of the healing process that we have to build our confidence back up?? This is a horrible horrible disorder, dont think its given enough attention by GP etc!!

So the other question is do I just do these things head on and hope to god I dont panic or do I wait until I dont fear it anymore??

Arghhh this is horrible!!!

miniminx
11-04-12, 20:28
I wish i could face the fear when it washes over me.

Rushway
12-04-12, 09:53
It's all about the 'what if's'....what if I feel bad, what if I panic, what if I pass out....all the usual things...avoidance and safety behaviours.

It's easier not to go out or do things, just in case we feel bad...then we end up not doing anything, welcome agorophobia...

That's why we have to keep doing these things to challenge the thoughts and to gradually realise that it's not going to happen..and KEEP challenging them..this is a lifelong battle, it's not gonig to just one day switch off.

The only way to keep it at bay is to keep practicing, keep living and not letting it win...I've had this for 8 years now and trust me, it can get better...I have bad days but my God it 'ain't gonna win...and you mustn't let it either...KEEP AT IT....:yesyes: