PDA

View Full Version : Skipped heart beats and indigestion

Meg37
11-04-12, 20:00
Hello

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this but I don't know what else to do. For the last six months I have been suffering with what I believe is indigestion due to an increase in stomach acid and through the gloating I appear to get what feels like skipped beats. I have been to the dr and I am taking omeprazole to try and stop the acid but by the evening most days I seem to be so bloated etc that I start to feel what seems like skipped beats. The dr did an ECG and said it was all good, the next time it happened really bad she just said I should go straight to the hospital which is what I reluctantly did last Tuesday night as I felt like I wasn't going to get any other help. Anyway, they did two ecgs both which were fine although they didn't capture any of the skipped beats. I never feel light headed from it and still go to the gym three times a week. It almost feels like something is released from my stomach and it is this which causes the skip so I'm not sure it is even my heart skipping. What I'm asking really though is if anyone has had anything similar as I am obsessed that something is wrong with my heart, but three ecgs can't be wrong can they? I don't know what to do anymore as no one really seems to want to help, but then I think they have helped, they have done the tests and it's fine?!?! I'm quite confused and scared about this, just any reassurance would help, I'm going crazy with all of this. Many thanks if you have read my ramblings.

Sian85
11-04-12, 20:32
Hi there

Just to let you know I have experienced the same.
I usually notice my skipped beats when I am anxious about something which then makes me feel anxious about my heart. It's a vicious circle unfortunately.
As soon as I relax (which can take a few days -weeks) my skipped beats disappear!
Hope you feel better soon
X