PDA

View Full Version : My dose has been increased

miniminx
12-04-12, 09:45
i went to gp and hes put me on 30mg of citalopram now.instead of the 20mg i was on..as i said i felt like i was slipping backwards..my appetite is waining again.
Yesterday i felt a bit rubbish and i thought it was because i was seeing the gp, i hate going to doctors and felt anxious and apprehensive all day.
Today at 7am i took my 30mg and i feel awful.......is this side effects all over again? or me slipping backwards?...ive got that what if feeling, and apprehension all over again.
so come on folks cheer me up, reassure me please xxx:)

jimsmrs
12-04-12, 13:34
Hi
Did you take them on an empty stomach ?

Ingenious
12-04-12, 14:29
You may well get some minor side effects when increasing dose, I remember I did, but from 20-30mg upwards it was more a case of feeling a little crap, a bit like the flu, tired, a bit out of sorts - nothing drastic and it passed after a few days.

Try if you can to remember some side effects are expected and normal, it is not something you should worry over too much if you can.

Lion King
12-04-12, 15:26
I must admit I forgot what the side effects were like until I started taking them again. I'm experiencing all these side effects so I can totally sympathise, its just a waiting game.

Hope you fee better soon!

LK

miniminx
12-04-12, 15:48
Hi
Did you take them on an empty stomach ?
yes i did jimsmrs...should i not have? xx

Ive worked it out and ive only been on them 4 weeks and during that time ive had 3 dosages.......starting at 40mg then 20mg and now 30mg...all within the last 4 weeks.

TJSMITH
12-04-12, 16:27
ive been on 20mg for 6weeks possibly having increase mon, im funtioning again on 20mg but no where near myself. i still have a cloud hanging over me a dilemna for me as scared to increase but not sure if waiting any longer will change things. hope side effects dont last long keep us posted x

miniminx
12-04-12, 17:33
Ill definatey keep you posted:) im just concerned why i have side effects after a month