PDA

View Full Version : worried about my heart

honeyb
12-04-12, 11:10
Hi I'm after a bit of reassurance, i'm worried that i may have a problem with my heart! I kept getting a fullness in my chest and also whilst i'm typing this my chest feels tight/numb, i also keep feeling like i'm going to pass out and also it starts to race. I'm a 34 year old female, don't smoke, rarely drink, don't really exercise, eat fairly healthy and slightly overweight. I went to the drs middle of last year convinced that i had a heart problem, they did bloods, ecg and said it was fine. My blood pressure is always around 140/94 and has been up to 150/100 in the drs, but is always fine at home usually 135/84 and 120/72. I'm constantly on the internet looking up my symptoms and am convinced that i'm about to die at any minute. When i get a head rush or whirring in my ears i'm convinced its my blood pressure going up then start to panic. Please can some help me, i really can't believe this is anxiety. I was treated for anxiety about 7 years ago.:weep:

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

anyone?

xtremx
12-04-12, 13:10
Hi honeyb, I feel for you heart worrys is nothing new to me and alot of others on this site.

Your BP reading look ok mine is always up in the doctors (white coat syndrome) and new guidelines from what i understand for BP have been raised from anything under 130/80 to under 140/90 before it is a concern over a long period.

You say that your chest feels tight/numb when you are typing will that could be down to bad posture, Try to correct the way you sit when using the computer.

Also stop looking on the internet (I am a fine one to say that).

Your bloods are ok and your ecg and your age is a good thing etc.

Try to relax and enjoy life.

honeyb
12-04-12, 13:39
Thanks for your reply. I've become obsessed with my heart over the last few weeks. I don't think logically about posture, chest pain is always to do with the heart and any other symptoms i feel. I have noticed that when i'm typing i have to relax my shoulders because i'm hunched up and sometimes don't even know it. I'm also getting tingling in my face and head:wacko:

xtremx
12-04-12, 14:07
Thanks for your reply. I've become obsessed with my heart over the last few weeks. I don't think logically about posture, chest pain is always to do with the heart and any other symptoms i feel. I have noticed that when i'm typing i have to relax my shoulders because i'm hunched up and sometimes don't even know it. I'm also getting tingling in my face and head:wacko:

What you have said sounds alot like a posture related problem the tingling in the face and head could be from pressure on a nerve in the neck traveling to the head area.

When your are sitting to use your computer put a cushion around the lumber area so just above you bottom near the bottom of your back will help you sit more up right.

honeyb
12-04-12, 14:18
Thanks I will try that.