PDA

View Full Version : How do you cope

kittykat
12-04-12, 12:04
As some of you may know i am waiting for a consultants appointment concerning a scan i had on my gallblader on Monday there in which something was found unfortunately not a stone......but everytime the phone goes or the mail comes or i let my mind wander the panic just sets in , im really shakey and sick and also feeling tired , can worry do this to you ? Also can you even start to imagine having pain due to this worrying as i feel i am getting pain where i never had it before the scan ....also even thinking that my eyelids look kind of yellow now , this is literally driving me mad dont know how much longer i can take this for xx

Pipkin
12-04-12, 15:36
Hi there Kitti,

It sounds like you're having a pretty bad time at the minute - I can sympathise with abnormal test results and waiting for answers. There's not much I can say to help except I do understand and it's just a matter of waiting.

The symptoms are undoubtedly caused by the stress you're going through and your mind is playing tricks on you matching the symptoms you've no doubt been looking up with how you're feeling. Try your best to distract yourself and stay positive. In all likelihood, you have nothing to worry about as there will be loads of explanations to what they've found, not necessarily the worst which I bet you're imagining.

Look after yourself and keep posting - I'm always here for support.

Pip :hugs:

emeraldgirl
12-04-12, 16:27
Sorry you are going through this. It is so difficult waiting for tests and results. I had a recall on a mammogram once and even though I only had to wait three days they were the worst of my life. Before I had the mammogram I didn't have any symptoms - it was just a routine and then when i got the recall letter I felt all kinds of pains, lumps, bumps and thickenings convincing myself i did indeed have cancer. When I went to the follow up appointment they did an ultrasound and everything was fine, just some 'young tissue'. Just to say that I believe that you can experience pain when you think about it. I hpe your scan turns out ok

candy_floss
13-04-12, 13:42
I recently had a pelvic ultrasound scan and made the mistake of looking up just at the very moment that the doctor was drawing a line across something! I wanted to ask what the hell it was but didn't because I know from experience that they aren't allowed to tell you. Sometimes you might get lucky with a doctor who can see how anxious you are and be able to put your mind at rest but more often than not it's a long, stressful wait for tests results.

Well my test results finally came back today (had the scan on the 26th so that's a long wait!). The 'something' I could see was a cyst. Turns out I have Polycystic Ovary syndrome, nothing to worry about.
My mum went mad when she found out coz I'd being banging on about the huge 'something' I saw and telling everyone that I had cancer! So, try not to worry until you have the full facts. Hope you get some answers soon :).

miss sparkle
13-04-12, 15:23
candy floss. do you have abdominal pain with your pcos?
i was diagnosed with it years ago, but its only recently been having ongoing stomach aches.
have never had a ultrasound scan on tummy-apart from when i had my kids, mind was diagnosed with just a blood test because i had bad skin x

candy_floss
13-04-12, 15:58
candy floss. do you have abdominal pain with your pcos?
i was diagnosed with it years ago, but its only recently been having ongoing stomach aches.
have never had a ultrasound scan on tummy-apart from when i had my kids, mind was diagnosed with just a blood test because i had bad skin x

Yes I do, quite severe pain actually
I also have what feels like ovary pain on both sides. It's not pleasant and more than once I've been convinced I had ovarian cancer.
However now I have an official diagnosis I can finally look at medicines and treatment so I am quite happy about this. The doctor have been dismissing my bleeding as 'hormonal' for ages now so I'm glad I pushed to get it checked out.

Sorry to hijack the thread OP, hope you're keeping busy and trying not to go crazy!! You will have answers soon enough but they don't usually rush the results through unless it's bad news.