PDA

View Full Version : Blood test tomorrow what does ERS mean??

anxietyoverload
12-04-12, 12:29
Hi all.

Got my blood test tomorrow, cause docs think i have IBS. On my sheet to take with me to the test in the ''other tests'' section it says ERS Coeliac screen?
what does this mean? will i have to have more than a blood test? im worried now.
Thought i was anxiety free and now i can feel it creeping back up on me!

nomorepanic
12-04-12, 12:34
I had a coeliac blood test a few weeks ago - it is just another blood test - nothing more

anxietyoverload
12-04-12, 12:36
ah thank you :)

Was thinking it was another test they just didnt tell me about knowing i have anxiety! just cant wait to get it over and done with! x

honeyb
12-04-12, 12:38
Hi
ERS is Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate.

This is a useful, but extremely non-specific blood test. These days GPs almost always ask for it when they are doing any general investigations.

JMR
12-04-12, 12:59
Hi AnxietyOverload...

Seems we're both sat worrying ourselves silly right now! I worried when I saw ESR on my blood sheet the other day, as I've never had this done before. It's called the erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and measures how quickly red blood cells fall in a test tube over a specific time. A greater accumulation suggests inflammation somewhere within your system, which can be caused by many different things, therefore it is used as a further test when looking at all other results together. Sometimes a CRP test is ordered at the same time to check for inflammation..this was another one I had taken the other day which I never had before.

It is a bit hypocritical of me to say " Don't Worry" because I'm in a real old state myself right now...worrying over the two other specific blood tests which haven't come back yet....but why not ring your GP's surgery to ask if the results are back? :hugs:

sandradee
12-04-12, 13:05
Hi
ERS is Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate.

This is a useful, but extremely non-specific blood test. These days GPs almost always ask for it when they are doing any general investigations.

Hi,

I live in France and have an annual blood test as I take a cholesterol reducing tablet. They give you a copy of the results (you have to go to a lab for the test, results same day) and there are so many results it runs to two pages! I've had to learn what most of them mean, of course it's in French and ERS is one of them. Don't worry, nothing unusual about it.