PDA

View Full Version : Please....Any help, reassurance and comfort needed. Feeling so bad at the mo...

Treacle
12-04-12, 15:42
Hi Everybody,

I've not been on here for a while, but a particularly bad episode of Health Anxiety has me visiting again for any help or support you can offer.

I have been a sufferer for nearly 15yrs, and over that time i have learnt to live with most of the unpleasant symptoms that come with this illness; but recently we have had a couple of worry filled months concerning my Son's health! ( Thankfully everything is fine ) but it has completely tipped me over the Edge, probably the worst ive ever been, Sweats, clammy Hands, Dry Mouth, Dont eat, cant focus on anything, wake at night and cant get back to sleep as i lay in the dark worrying myself sick; i end up getting up to put the t.v on just to try and distract myself. These are a few of many.

Thought i was making some progress, when i found a small mole/Skin Tag on my side, near where your bra would sit it was red and sore; of course i poked and prodded since 4am this morning and by the time my husband got up i was in a complete state thinking the worst and pacing the floor. To cut a long story short i went to see the nurse who said she couldnt see anything to be concerned about and was pretty sure it had just been irritated by something! ie my bra strap, to leave well alone and it should be fine; if not go back to the dr's. Now any normal person would be releaved and happy but i just find myself worrying about if it doesnt get bettter, and im desperately trying not to prod as ive made myself so sore around that area already.

I hope yr all still awake...lol. My poor Husband doesnt know what to do with me and he is desperate for me to get myself some sort of help, or as he says i will end up making myself ill.

Would appreciate anyone coming forward for a chat and reassurance, and if anyone knows of any Counselling you can get for this particular illness, or infact any information on how people have been helped or what is out there in the way of help or treatment. I so badly need to get this sorted, life is hell at the mo.

Thanks so much to who ever has taken the time to read this, hopefully i will hear from someone soon.

Luv Mandy xxxx:weep:

emeraldgirl
12-04-12, 16:09
Sorry you are going through this worry. From what you have said it doesn't sound like anything serious, especially as you have been for advice. everything seems so much worse at night though and I would have been the same as you. I really identify with what you say and you are not alone. My husband also does not understand and I know I must be a real pain to live with always going on about some cancer or the other and not being able to enjoy anything. I am going to start a CBT course which is meant to be quite good for this and other types of anxiety do hopefully that will help. I ope you will be able to start to relax and believe what the nurse said and stop touching the mole and see if your anxiety decreases.

miss sparkle
12-04-12, 20:41
ah bless you.
i can totally understand and sympathise with how you feel.
my husband thinks i am a right crack pot, so i don't bother to tell him my concerns and fears anymore.
i have a headache its a brain tumor, a cough is lung cancer, currently on aches in stomach so much be liver disease or stomach cancer. you get the idea!
the trouble i find is everything i find and feel is real, so how am i supposed to tell myself when i am over reacting when i do experience all these symptoms!
hope you feel bit calmer now x

Anacbn
12-04-12, 20:43
Hello Mandy,
All the best to you in this difficult moment. CBT is great, I did it and really helped me to break the anxiety cycle. The GP can do a referral for you. I waited about a month and a half. In the meantime try and do a bit of exercise (swimming for example), it helped me so much! All the best!

Janeeey
12-04-12, 20:54
Totally understand how you feel, I have suffered so much with HA. Actually I am probably 80 / 90% better now but I know it never leaves you and I still worry. I think the problem is that the nurse is happy that you are fine, because you are - but the thing they always say is 'if it doesn't get better then come back' - as you say any 'normal' person thinks ok great and just gets on with things. But for us we just live in a what if it doesn't get better state - I also used to (and sometimes stll do) think what is the point in being happy now when I might have cancer!

What we want to hear is 'its 100% nothing and never ever will be' - of course those words can never be spoken!

So I think you are totally fine, I would say skin tag but I do sympathise. My HA started due to my son's health (not that he was really poorly but worried mum) so it is totally understandable that you worry now because of what you have just been through.

Our fear when you have kids is leaving them or them leaving us - its natural to fear that but unfortunately we take that worry too far. I am sure you will feel much calmer in a few days and the worry will start to fade.

Hope this ramble made some sense! xxx